Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2003 rincon that currently will not move! I was at durhamtown riding at decent speeds and all of sudden 3rd gear started to have the effect of slipping, as I continued to ride 2nd gear started to do the same, then when I was going up a hill climb I lost 1st gear half way up. I had to let the bike sit and idle for about 3mins on the hill several different times to get to the top (there was no going back down, too steep). After that I limped it back to the trailer and when I got home about 4 hours later I tried to take it off the trailer and I lost all forward and reverse motion. Any ideas of what could be the issue? Torque converter? Clutches?
FYI motor was rebuild a year ago and maybe had 50miles on it. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
6,667 Posts
TC maybe.
O rings in sub trans possible. Perhaps they were not changed in rebuild and have failed (O3 and 04 were common to fail) Debris in the galleries.
Oil type and volume also possibly incorrect. What oil did you put in it, and when checking it warm was it at the high mark on the dipstick?
If oil type and volume are good, then a pressure test would reveal the area of the fault.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts