Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Fox Podium Shocks. They have High/Low compression adjustment as well as rebound. They are awesome. They adjust enough so you can go from a plush ride to an aggressive/stiff ride. I am selling them because I am selling my Rincon + everything that goes with it.

They were $2k new. Make a reasonable offer I cannot refuse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a set of Fox Podium Shocks. They have High/Low compression adjustment as well as rebound. They are awesome. They adjust enough so you can go from a plush ride to an aggressive/stiff ride. I am selling them because I am selling my Rincon + everything that goes with it.

View attachment 21061 View attachment 21062
[/QUO

View attachment 21061 View attachment 21062
Are they still for sale

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah thats what I have lol I'm planning on racing it so I need a little more then the pogo sticks honda has to offer. I read somewhere you can go up to 16 in on the front can anyone confirm that and I believe the rears are 18 in eye to eye

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Olicon - that was a good one.

I do know know of anyone else that sells them. I heard Fox stopped making them. Elka is the only other company I know of. I do know the Elkas work good as I have seen them on a race Rincon before. Too bad you didn't get to me earlier. The Fox are really good shocks.

FYI - if you are racing - you can remove the whole shifter mechanism from the vehicle and install a 400EX shift pedal on the engine for R-N-D. Saves about 5 lbs.
Here is a picture of mine when I first set it up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I wish I would have found this forum earlier I would have bought the shocks. And that's cool you used to race of Rincon I raced a Outlander last year in GNCC and I never felt comfortable on it they're too wide too heavy and don't handle the greatest. I've been riding Honda since I was three and kind of who wanted to stay with that brand . I've waited and waited for a 1000 Rincon but I can't wait anymore LOL. My dad bought his Rincon new in 2007 and I just always love the way it felt! Definitely more nimble then the Can-Am but with only having half the horsepower I'll definitely have to do my work in the woods because I'm going to get gapped in the straightaways. And good idea about the 400EX shifter

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is true. Plus it need power steering. I raced at Powerline park and Ironman in the lites class. I either took 1st or 2nd every time I raced it.
Not enough power and power steering is why I sold mine. I'd be happy with an 800 Rincon w/ power steering...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I found a nice set of exit triple rate shocks at a good price and I know I've heard people say you can use 16 in but these are 16 1/4 I just wondered if that quarter inch will it hurt anything. And did you run automatic or use manual mode I kind of like manual mode better just because you can hold a gear
That is true. Plus it need power steering. I raced at Powerline park and Ironman in the lites class. I either took 1st or 2nd every time I raced it.
Not enough power and power steering is why I sold mine. I'd be happy with an 800 Rincon w/ power steering..
Not enough power and power steering is why I sold mine. I'd be happy with an 800 Rincon w/ power steering...
Hell yeah nice job man the Iron Man is a fun track I never got to do Powerline since last year was my first year racing. And when I first started considering GNCC the four by four Lites class was the one I wanted to do but they canceled it not enough people. Super ATV is the only company that I seen that has a power steering kit but it's a universal kit so there's going to be some modifications that need done. Is there anything I need to know or anything I should be aware of racing the Rincon like what's going to break or wear out fast and how does the transmission hold up I know they're known for problems

·
Super Moderator
6,619 Posts
If you want a 1000 Rincon, buy yourself the Talon, take that motor and diff /drive line and put it on the Rincon chassis. I mean if money is no object....

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you want a 1000 Rincon, buy yourself the Talon, take that motor and diff /drive line and put it on the Rincon chassis. I mean if money is no object....
I'd rather not waste the Talon LOL I'll just wait for Honda to build one if it'll ever happen

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Olican - if you put that huge engine in an ATV you will be walking bow legged and look like a toy cowboy.....

Hillkiller - You're biggest problem is going to be power. If your Rincon is older, the sub-trans dogs could get rounded off (early problem that was fixed - will not shift between D-N-R, will just grind). This happens when shifting between D-N-R with higher engine rpms. Granted if you have the 400ex shifter on it, this will not cause you problems since you will be able to force it in. Mine had this problem, but I never knew until I put the original shift lever back on it. It is about 1/2 day job to update, but once fixed, you never have the problem again. Sometimes the older Rincons will have the stator go out. You will get low spark but won't run. Basically, the Rincons are solid even racing. Change oil, keep the air filter clean, grease/maintain all pivot points and they will last a long time.
I always wanted to build a Rincon engine. I believe Thumper Racing had a 750 kit. I still have a whole 680 engine that I was going to use, but never did.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah I've heard Rincon like fresh oil so I figured frequent oil changes is a must. My dad's is a green 2007 and mine is a camo 2011 so I don't know what years had the stator problems was it the 650s? So the 400EX shifter will Mount right up? And I was planning on running flex bars but I kind of want to keep my screen so I'm trying to figure out how to do that. A big bore 750 would be badass

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe yours is OK for the stator. I bought a 2007 with a bad stator. 400ex mounts to all of them. I just got rid of my screen and sealed the wire connectors. Same as a sport quad...don't need to know your speed, gear, or how much fuel you have left. I always had plenty of gas for a GNCC.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I kind of wanted to keep an eye on my fuel level. My 2010 Outlander came with I think the smallest tank of any of the Can-Am I would start sputtering the end of the third lap on hard turns. I believe it was only 4 gallon the other guys I talk to we're finishing for laps with a quarter of a tank sometimes a half. I never thought about putting a shifter on it I didn't even know it had a shaft down by the floorboard. And I'm actually going with a throwback look I'm going to put white plastic on it and 86 trx250r graphics and I have a set of beadlocks that I'm going to powder coat the center gold and also my jerseys are Throwback Honda from the 80s

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah - but the Can-Am has twice the power and thus twice the fuel consumption....
Shaft is actually on the left side of the engine right behind your calf. You use your hand to switch it.

OMG - SEND ME PICS when done. I plan on racing GNCC in '22 in super senior class...Might hit one or two this year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts