Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the front disc brake conversion kit? How do you like it and how has it held up in the deep mud and water?

Thanks,

·
Registered
338 Posts
had it for over 2000 miles,holds up well.you will have to replace pads at about 800 miles or so..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear it. I assume you do ride in quite a bit of mud and water? I am completely obsessed with it heh. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Do you replace the rear pads at around the same milage?

·
Registered
338 Posts
yep about 800 miles is when all pads are worn down on mine,some mud,lots of trail riding at windrock in tn..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Toolman, Have you found somewhere to buy your brake pads from other than highlifter. 150.00 for a for a brake job every 800 miles would get a little steep after a while.

Mike

·
Registered
338 Posts
were did you get 150.00 at??

i pay 35 for the rears and 45 for both fronts,no highlifter is were they come from,thru a local supplier..yes he gives me deals,but i did spend over 2500.00 with him last year..
but even at 150.00 it would be cheap compared to the time i would have to spend cleaning the drums,my time is way to valuable and short,i want to be riding not doing maintenance..by the time "most" people get to 800 miles it will be a good year or 2 down the road..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok, I was just wandering about the price (I checked HL) because i was also wanting to install disc on the front, but was worried about the extra maintance cost.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am also thinking of getting the disc brake kit but did you have to get new rims? I would like to keep the stock rims but on there web site it says you have to have 12 inch rims because of the clearance for the caliper.

·
Registered
338 Posts
you must have a special edition rincon,because they all come with 12 inch rims????so no i did not have to buy any rims..

·
Registered
21 Posts
If anyone is wanting a set of HL Disk brakes I have seen them on E-Bay for $290 shipped. I have bought from this person and he is a real deal seller. Also stock Rincon front wheels will work with this conversion.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I like the drum breaks.I have over 4000 miles on my bike and still have a little pad left.My friend who installed them is sorry he did. We ride in florida LOTS of sand and he lucky to get 500 to 600 miles on the disk breaks.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I just put them on mine and they work really good. I ride in alot of mud and water and I like not have to worry about water getting into the drums. Just a pain to bleed when installing. Once bled real good they work great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The twelve inch rim size is refering to the Bead size. You have 12 inch rims standard on your rinny. Now go get those Disc brakes. :)
Nite}{awk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where can you get the front disc brake conversion kits? like online?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have a good case of "CRS", but I think I remember reading on the highlifter.com web site that some of the Polaris brake pads will fit the conversion kit. Do a search on that site and see if you come up with anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pads for the highlifters are the same as artic cat fronts,and severe duty can be had for 39.00 cdn a wheel,way cheaper than highlifters up here

·
Registered
76 Posts
FYI, www.traxms.com has the kit for $299.95. Has anyone found them cheaper?

They are under ATV Products -> Parts.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts