Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, first real thread for me here, but have been watching from the side for over a year. The one thing I don't see is any mods for a fuel shutoff on a efi rincon. I have been dealing with the plugged fuel filter problem on a 2011, and am getting tired of spilling fuel. Has any body put a shutoff on one of these? Could you put a tank shutoff from a 2005 or older on a efi rincon? I don't care about the reserve, just the shutoff. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
735 Posts
you could put an inline valve in the fuel hose. I started to do that but figured anytime i needed to change the filter that the strainer would need cleaning as well. i used the wide clamp type vise grips to shut off the fuel flow and just pulled the vise grips through the frame when i removed the tank. didn't spill any fuel doing it that way. just unplugged the wire from the pump and started the engine and let it run out of fuel. no leaks doing it that way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply badhabit. I believe I have read where you or someone had posted that method. It does sound fairly simple to do. I had just hoped that with all the other mods we have, someone would have covered this. Is the plugged filter that rare that it's just not an issue? Thanks again for the reply.

·
Registered
735 Posts
i had over 1000 miles on mine when it happened and in all honesty i think it was plastic dust that was in the tank when it was manufactured. if you always use clean fuel i don't think it's something that you'd have to do often. i have a rancher with almost the same amount of miles and the same type setup that hasn't needed a filter. of course it uses less fuel so that might be part of it. the duckbill vise grips stop the flow from the hose with any damage and when i took the tank off i just set it on one end and drained fuel down below the fitting before i took it off. the fitting in the tank was clean so you could probably get by without pulling the tank at all. you might want to try that first. if it works you could be done in an hour or less.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know this is an old post but nobody answered whether you could use a 2005 fuel shut off Does anybody know if you can ? I would rather add it right to the tank rather than in the line .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts