Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I discussed a problem I inherited when I bought my 03 Rincon. Shifts in Drive just fine. But when you put it in reverse it clatters until it goes in gear. If I put it in drive 1st then to reverse this dosent happen. Any ideas? My thoughts are "shifting linkage" but not sure. Then I read the story about the tranny o-rings, and low top-end speeds. Mine tops out at 54 mph. I must add that I have 27" ITP Mudlites, and 1040 miles on the Rincon. After reading about the o-ring problem Ive decided to have my oil pressure checked. Could oil pressure be low causing me both problems??? Called the dealer today and he wasnt aware of o-ring problems, but said he would adjust shift linkage and check oil pressure for 65.00. He then told me he has only had a couple of problems with the Rincon tranny. My thoughts are that most people dont relaize the lack of power because 54 to 55 seems fast enough and they are not die hard riders in the first place. Most dealers dont have or have little experience with the Rincon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same problem only reversed.... reverse is just fine, but if I try to put it into drive it clatters until I throw it back into reverse, and then into drive!

Help! If anybody knows how to fix this problem I need to know ASAP!! I've got a trip this weekend to Wolf Penn Gap and I really need this fixed!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had the same problem with mine not to long after i bought and i found the problem for mine it was an adjustement on the shifting cable that had become loose,(situated under neat the gas tank) so i did the adujusment and put some medium strenght lock-tite on the tread, I never had problem after.Good luck with your's

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info. I try adjusting the linkage

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to let you know that I adjusted the shift linkage and solved the shifting problem. A simple fix that could lead to a serious problem if not corrected. I rotated the nut toward the frontend 1-1/2 turns and then followed up with the opposite nut, tighten and checked transmision. Remember mine was clattering in reverse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts