Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase an ATV/utility trailer soon. I will be hauling my Honda Rincon as well as my buddies Polaris Sportsman 800. I am wondering if I can do this with an 12' long x 83" wide single axle 3,000 gvwr trailer. I plan on loading the polaris sideways on the front (trailer will have side load ramps), and my Honda behind that parallel with the trailer. Just wondering if this trailer will be large enough, or if I will need to step up to a 14' long trailer? I'd like to be able to have the smallest trailer that will accomplish the job. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
12 foot should be able to do the job. The rincon is 7 foot long the Polaris has a rear wheel base a 50 inches I would imagine the nose of the Rincon can stick in the wheel wells of the Polaris a few inches. Tight fit.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
You might want to look at a 14' trailer as it will give you the option of loading 3 quads from the side or maybe 2 quads nose to rear parallel to the trailer if they are short enough.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I would have to agree with RB TNT, I personally tow A16 foot enclosed trailer duel axle. It's important to keep two spare tires with dual axle. A lot of times with duel axle if you blow one tire that has a tendency to take out the second tire. Some people make the mistake of not carrying a spare set of hubs, bearings, seals ,nut, cotter pin and Lugnuts. Sometimes you lose the whole wheel with hub then the spare does you absolutely no good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm looking to purchase an ATV/utility trailer soon. I will be hauling my Honda Rincon as well as my buddies Polaris Sportsman 800. I am wondering if I can do this with an 12' long x 83" wide single axle 3,000 gvwr trailer. I plan on loading the polaris sideways on the front (trailer will have side load ramps), and my Honda behind that parallel with the trailer. Just wondering if this trailer will be large enough, or if I will need to step up to a 14' long trailer? I'd like to be able to have the smallest trailer that will accomplish the job. Thanks.
Call me old fashioned but I would position the ATV's how you want to load them on a trailer and use a handy old tape measure...:laugh:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I'm not trying to be a smart ass but wouldn't it be easier just to look at the factory specs.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not trying to be a smart ass but wouldn't it be easier just to look at the factory specs.
Yes, but I thought I would get opinions of people who have these setups, and if they wish they went bigger or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 12 ft pj trailer with the side ramps. It fits my dads Polaris sideways and the rincon drove up with plenty of room on the rear.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Here's a link to when I bought my last trailer. It's 14' and we can put my rincon and my buddy's Polaris 500 on end to end, but he has to pull on first because my bumper hits the spare tire and we lose just enough to close the tailgate. If we side load one on the front, then there is tons of room. I also like having the wider room to to put coolers and other stuff down the sides of the trailer.

http://www.rinconriders.com/43-guys-garage/21219-new-trailer.html

·
Super Moderator
6,424 Posts
I used a boat trailer frame, 14' 1 sheet of plywood on the front crossways and another down the middle butted to it looks like a T I could park the rancher in the front and the Rincon drive up the rear with lots of room. It evolved... here is a photo of the final project... cheap and it worked real good. Total length of the deck was 14'

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had an 14ft Vnose enclosed trailer and found I couldn't fit my Arctic Cat 500 and my Rincon front to back so it was worthless for multiple ATV's. I could fit 7 full size dirtbikes in there with no problem. I have since sold that and picked up a 20 FT dual axle landscape trailer with split ramps in the back. I have plans on putting a side ramp on the front to add versatility. I can haul my Recon, Rincon, my kids Raptor 80, Raptor 50 and still have enough room to haul the bad boy buggy.... I learned my lesson with the smaller enclosed trailer, Bigger is always better......

·
Registered
56 Posts
I picked up a new Bear Track 6x12 ATV trailer last year for around $2300 out the door. It easily holds two Rincons, loading from the side. If I get a third one (for my wife to accompany me and my son) it will have to go in the back of the truck.

Here's a link to their website: Bear Track - Aluminum Trailers, Aluminum Snowmobile Trailers, Aluminum Loading Ramps

I've taken it on several trips over the Cascades from Seattle and into eastern Washington, without any problems (as would be expected). It's light enough, at 525 lbs., that I can maneuver it on my sloping driveway controllably, but I wouldn't want to try to handle it on too steep of a grade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts