Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard lot of bad things about parts dealers on a couple of different forums, so i thought i would at least throw in my opinion of one that has exceeded my expectations at every opportunity.

Hopefully, this is the place to do so. I know other boards that have their own product lines, tend to censor ads for the competition and bad things about their products.

Trax Motorsports - www.traxms.com

I have had the chance to do business with them twice so far: once for a winch and once for tires and rims (ordered them today)

Lets start with the winch. Ordered a Ramsey 3000 wireless (which is on sale for $324 shipped, can't beat that anywhere i found). Just when i was starting to get a bit unnerved that i could not find shipping info on their site, and was about to pick up the phone and complain, when my doorbell rang with the UPS man and my goods. Ordered it late one tuesday night / wednesday morning and it was at my door on Friday... not bad for free shipping...

Now for the tires and wheels. Ordered a set of 26" dirt devils on black c-series... got a call back that they only had the fronts (26-10-12) and could not find any rears (26-12-12) from his suppliers... he (Shane, from Trax) gave me two options - i could go with 26-10-12's all the way around, for cheaper, or he offered the 27" package for the same price... I took the 27's... It is not often that i get offered the next step up on a product for the same price, because they don't have what i originally ordered... gotta love that...

Service is outstanding, website is easy to navigate and straight forward, and shipping is free on bigfoot wheel/tire kits, winches, helmets, and clothes...

Only drawback i have found is the fairly small selection on the website, which they easily make up for by the fact they are willing to go look for most anything you want if you call their toll free number...

Oh, for the sake of objectivity and truth in reporting - i have no affiliation with Trax motorsports or any of its employees. In fact, i am not receiving any compensation for writing this... Better prices, due to increased volume is the only thing i am hoping for...

Thanks for space to express my finding,
Dave

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dave,
I checked on tires that I want to get and they are significantly cheaper when you consider the extra's that are already included. Thanks for the information. I will definitely be using them.

John

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI, Shane is the tire guy. Yea, considering the Bigfoot Kits come with tires, rims, caps, lugs, and shipping already included... it comes out quite a bit cheaper...

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Thanks for the info on this place. It's always nice to know of good dealers.

I don't believe in censoring this sort of stuff. I really dislike some of the other forums that have their own dealers or sponsors or whatever and won't allow any competing ads. Two places I can think of are Highlifter -- the worst of the bunch -- and ATVNation. I really REALLY dislike that ATVNation and even ATVQuadSquad have special forums for certain vendors. This implies partiality, which I don't care for.

Rob

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was not going to name names, but i think you just hit the nail on the head... what use is a forum if you can't say what you really think... even worse, if you are censored for doing so...

Thanks again for the forums and an impartial place to discuss whatever is on our mind...

·
Registered
3 Posts
RobG, does you above statement mean that I can plug Hondapartsworld.com here? LOL

All kidding aside I do agree with you. The are several boards that I can't even get on because they know that I work for HPW. Most of my posts on other boards never has anything to do with business, hell I enjoy talking to everyone more than I do promoting. Promoting is work and I try to avoid that whenever possible LOL.

And you are right some boards carry the none promoting policies to far. Example: I told a guy on HL to check out the HL kit on HPW and HL kicked me from the board for promoting their product. Da

I have even gotten nasty grams from moderators for telling people about other message boards and vendors.

It is important to note that as a vendor it is serious business getting our name out their and if I have to pay a message board to do that oh well it's their board and I can either take it or leave it.

I quess the reall difference is who runs the board and if it was setup to make a profit or be a real place for atv fans to share information. Regardless of what that information is.

As a poster I belive that I should restrain from refering to HPW in every other sentence "even on boards I sponsor"-"doing so will cause me to lose credibility." And because of this rule, I have been able to meet many people that are not only my customers, but friends too. And that's really what I like the best about doing what I do.

Cool board glad to be here.
Stan Lee

Oh yea now until the first of the year all Tamarack Cargo Boxes will be shipped FREE of charge! LOL sorry for the plug could not resist....

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I just ordered a set of ITP ATRs from Hondapartsworld.com. (the tires were out of stock) I ordered them on 9-12 @ 7 pm(a Sunday). I received them 9-23. (quicker than I thought) They would have been delivered on 9-22 but UPS got delayed with the tropical storm. I have made a couple of orders form them and have been very satified with their service, always get orders quickly. I have also used Bertsdirtworks.com out of Texas and have had good service from them too. I sure am glad there are still companies that believe in customer service. It sure makes it alot easier for me and other customers. Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome Stan... Glad you found our little haven... This place has loads of good poop on everything from Axels to zirc fittings, and everyone, well, most everyone ;-) is real nice...

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have dealt with Trax also. Good company to do business with.
However, recently was looking for Mudlites and Type 5 rims for my Rinny.
Trax was higher than HondaPartsworld and ExtremeOutdoorProducts by $50 for the
set. I bought from Extreme, because they promised me three day delivery instead
of 10 days like HPW, and they were a little bit cheaper. Sorry Stan. Should get the order Monday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts