Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of Goodyear Mud Runners from Caz41 a few months ago and think they are a great mud and trail tire. But today they met their match in a deep mud hole. Trying to ride in thick mud and water in ruts made by Jeep type 4x4s I got myself hung up on high center. There was just no way I could get it to move. But I think I could have gotten out if I had of had a reverse limiter override. I have held off making the mod to override it thinking that if I ever did have tranny trouble, Honda would use the mod as an excuse to not warranty it. Has anyone else made the mod and had Honda say anything about it? I have had it stuck in deep sand and finally worked it out but mud is a different story. And to make it worse, I was pulled out by a Kodiak.
Oh yeah, taking the little white baffle out of the carb did not stop the stalling. It died on me several times trying to get it unstuck. I was glad the water was just below the tail pipe and not up to it or higher.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Duramax sorry to hear a Kodiak had to pull you out, but I bet he didn't go through there either. On the stalling problem, my dealer reset the tranny computer and my problem went away. Not sure about how to reset the tranny computer, nor why it worked, but it did work. About the reverse limiter, I just take it off when I go in for any warranty work. I only flip the switch when I jump out into deep mud, because it also eliminates the speedo and forward rev limit and I don't like to run with no forward rev limit.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Moto. You're right. He wouldn't follow me into the mud hole. I am not sure which reverse limiter mod you are speaking of. The one I like is done by cutting and splicing only one wire, but it is located up high on the frame and under the seat and would be easily visible if they were looking for it. Not sure how I want to do it so it would not be easily found. I still have 3 1/2 years left on the warranty and with the trouble some are having with the O-rings it may come in handy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts