Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 rincon 680 she fires up on starter fluid, I’ve replaced the fuel pump and injector, did the updated filter kit. And replaced the line to the injector as well. It’s getting gas. Just seems the injector isn’t spraying or something ? Tested the plug on it and it’s got 12v. Any suggestions ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I pulled the IACV out and it fired right up, revved very high of course but hey it started up on its own. Cleaned it up with contact cleaner put it back in and it fired right up, idled perfect for about 20 seconds , then died . Did that a couple times but now it’s back to doing the same thing . Also I popped the line off at the injector and cycled the kill switch back and forth and it sprayed gas everywhere .

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
So it starts on it’s own when you had the IAC out, and started for a bit after you cleaned the IAC but then quit starting?

I’d guess the IAC is faulty...

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Or the inside of the throttle body may be gummed up... excessive filter oil at some point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Or the inside of the throttle body may be gummed up... excessive filter oil at some point.
excessively oiled filter is why I pulled the IAC out to begin with, I replaced it because it seemed to be sticking but it didn’t solve anything. About to just look for a mechanic at this point

·
Super Moderator
6,619 Posts
If things changed when you pulled the IACV, would it not follow then that the IACV you have is defective?
If you pulled it again, will it start and high idle?

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
I wonder if the inside of the throttle body is gummed up too, which could migrate on to a new or cleaned IAC.

Some throttle bodies can be damaged by some solvents, though, so if it is gunked up you might think something not too aggressive like gasoline or sea foam and soft brush.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wonder if the inside of the throttle body is gummed up too, which could migrate on to a new or cleaned IAC.

Some throttle bodies can be damaged by some solvents, though, so if it is gunked up you might think something not too aggressive like gasoline or sea foam and soft brush.
Pulled the TB... thing looked brand new .

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
I’m not sure what you’ve got going on, then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FINALLY . Got the ole girl running . Didn’t have enough fuel pressure. Even though I had replaced the pump in the housing I assume there was something wrong in the electrical connector. Put a whole new fuel pump housing/assembly and she runs like new.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Glad to hear you got it going.

I used to think fuel pumps either ran and worked or they didn’t. I’ve since learned you can have bad segments in the motor, so sometimes it runs at reduced speed, and if it happens to stop on a bad segment it will intermittently not run

1 - 16 of 16 Posts