Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, just took the Rincon out for a ride and it's developed a grinding noise when coming to a complete stop when using the rear brakes. Problem is, I don't think it's the rear brake. Sounds more like the rear drive shaft, but it's hard to tell. It only does it right before coming to a complete stop. Not at speed. Any ideas what to look for. As far as I can tell, the rear brake pads and disk are fine. 433 miles so far.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Yea its the rear brake,Dont know exactly why it does it, but a lot of rinnys do it ,its not hurting anything,just sounds nasty,mines been doing it for the last 500 miles

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine started doing it at about 2000 miles so I put some EGC sintered metal brake pads on and it quit for a while but is now back. I've ordered some Galfer carbon pads from Rocky Mountain atv but I haven't received them yet. I think this will fix the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine has been doing it ever since I bought it that was almost six months ago and 950 miles later. I have an 04 Rincon. I have left the parking brake on and kept rideing for a while till I noticed that it was on I dont like how that works but thats another story :) but I have had the brakes replaced since than.
I thought it was somethin in the tranny but from earlier posts I see that its not so thats a good thing

EATSLEEPRIDE

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing and i just put some patterns on the disc and grindin noise went away

·
Registered
807 Posts
patterns on the surface or cut all the way thru?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine grinds too from time to time. When this happens I take the caliper off ussually to find it packed with mud. Once it's clean and reassembled the grinding goes away for a few months until the mud accumulates again and I clean it. It's an ongoing cycle.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine just started doing this also. It is not the normal backlash sound you hear from the brake being on the driveshaft. It is making a "grinding" noise. I'll have to pull my pads and check them out also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's completely normal mine been doing this for 2700 miles. It sounds like you rear shaft is being torn up. Do not worry it is normal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts