Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of grip heaters and a thumb warmer today. I was wondering where anyone has mounted their toggle switches. Also wondering if anyone has run both the grip heaters and the thumb warmer through the same switch?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hi Hondaman!
I already done it both ways,and your better off going with two swith because your thumb warmer might not heat enough on low but your hand will be just perfect.On three different installation I found two switch give you more flexibility.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I never thought these would be all that great until I got a snowmobile. It has them from the factory and they're so cool that I'm eager to get these for my ATVs too.

I'd definitely wire 'em up with separate switches for the very reasons mentioned above.

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Hooked them up friday (used 2 switches) & went for a long ride saturday. 2 swithes is for sure the only way to go. The $20 grip heaters get much hotter than the $30 thumb warmer. I can say after saturday I will not put my handlebar mits back on. They work ok but aren't near as nice as heaters, also didn't like them on when hauling ass and riding aggressively. Only problem I can see now is the whole family wants them. So i'll be shelling out another $150 for heaters and i'll have to wait a little longer for a pipe. Best $50 I spent on winter riding gear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What type did you get? I have the kimpex and need to figure out how to get the grips off without messing them up?

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have Kimpex grip heaters, the kind that go under your existing grips. Take a long philups screwdriver and stick it all the way in under your grip.Then wiggle it and work it around the handlebar. This breaks the glue then the grip can be removed and if you want reused. I got a set of gel grips for mine at the same time but they weren't the same size so I put the stock grips back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts