Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for ideas on mounting a hook for pulling other quads... I have looked in the front and read and really dont have a clue where a double hooked strap or hook could be attached. How are you guys handling the chore of pulling out your buddies. I know you are not supposed to use the winch for that purpose. I installed the Warn Bumper up front but I dont think that is a good attachment point either. Maybe someone makes a rear hitch with a hook on it. Your thoughts and ideas are welcomed.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
I have the stainless steel hitch (eBay item) on the back of my Rincon. I attached a clevis to the hitch like this one Farm Clevis
instead of mounting a ball. It works great for pulling other atv's. Hope that idea is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great Idea for the rear. I will do that one for sure. What are you doing for the front?

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Well once you get your winch installed you wont need a hook mounted on the front of your atv. Just winch them out, then tow them from your hitch if their atv will not run.

In the front of the Rincon, attach the tow strap to the left or right of where your roller/hause fairlead is mounted. That is a solid pulling point on the front of the rincon. If the hook on the strap is to small, just run it around that point and hook it back on the strap itself.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Get a Warn Multimount, you can attach things front or rear including a winch. They even sell their own d-ring units that plug into the receiver so you can tow.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I made a front receiver mount out of 3in angle iron u-bolted across the front uprights of the frame with a 12 inch piece of 2in receiver tube bolted to the top of the angle.I then added a piece of strap steel across the top of the receiver tube in the front and u-bolted it to the braces running to the top of the bash plate.That way I can mount a hook, ball, or later add a winch mounting base to the front.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I drilled a hole in each side of my warn front bumper just below the bottom crossbar on the main frame of the bumper. I installed a clevis hook in each hole and shimmed them with 2 washers on each side so they swivel smoothly. 3 bucks each, cheap & simple. The bumper is pretty heavy and is held on with 6 bolts so it's not going anywhere......I put a factory tow hook from a toyota pickup on the rear bolted to a hitch from e-bay for 20 bucks shipped. Turned the hook upside-down so it doesn't get used as a plow...............

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went to the local Tru Value hardware store and bought a chain hook that mounts to my stock Honda hitch with a large pin and a cotter pin. It set me back all of 5 bucks and I have hooked up to a 300lb drag and pulled it all day.
Git R done!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts