Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The inside of my headlights are dirty and I would like to see if you can split them for access. Has anyone been successful doing this? It appears they are sealed together with glue?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,832 Posts
The inside of my headlights are dirty and I would like to see if you can split them for access. Has anyone been successful doing this? It appears they are sealed together with glue?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't recommend you split them . Take the bulb out, use a good stiff zip tie and a small sponge. Put the zip tie in the middle of the sponge (that you cut to fit in the bulb hole) and make it look like a bow tie. Simple green and some water and swish it around , rinse, drain and either leave in a position where the water/ moisture can drain out, or make another sponge, only this time leave it dry. I'm assuming you are removing the light ass'y. Be careful if you use a heat gun...deformity may happen to the plastic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did the zip tie with a small rag and simple green. Not perfect but much brighter. Can't believe the price of new ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts