Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. Out of no where the front end of my rincon started squeaking, like it needs grease or something. If I am sitting still and turn my wheels it makes a loud squeaking noise, or if I push down or pull up on the front end, it makes a loud squeaking noise. I have sprayed WD-40 around some of the bolts and arms thinking that may be it, but it still squeaks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen

·
Registered
807 Posts
Do you have CV protector plates on the front?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the same problem, I ended up loosening most of the front end bolts and used LPS 3 which is a lot thicker than wd40. I don't know where to buy it, but go to Autozone and get a thicker spray oil of some type, my problem is gone!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had the same problem on my old 2001 Fourtrax. The way that I cured it was to, lift the front end and remove both front shocks. Then you have to clean out the brass bushing at either end of the shock,there are little grooves in the brass that hold the grease. What happens is that the grooves get grit in
with the grease and they start to bind and sqeak.
I would try that first. If that doesn't work try the same procedure on the swing-arms. Good luck..

TrailBoss

·
Registered
40 Posts
My rincon was doing the same thing. Guess what. The ball joints are dry. shot some grease up under the rubber boot and it quieted them down. I only have 1000 mile on the bike.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Rincat is right the ball joints get water in them and get rusty and so do the lower shock bearings at the a arm. I have replaced mine once and i have over 4500 miles but ride in a lot of mud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts