Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 03 rincon stock,no mods. it has a slight hesitation when you punch it from a standstill. im not sure if you can adjust the stock carb or what to adjust.any help is appreciated.thanks.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Clip 13 coils off of your carb spring (should leave 14 this will help out the throttle response quite a bit).

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks bigjon.is this spring inside the carb? and is this a mod that alot of people have done? is their any side effects? what does this spring do? sorry for the list of questions, i just want to make sure i know what im doing. thanks again for the reply.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Yea you can get to it from the top ,its not a hard job,be sure to get the rubber gasket back on right,id go into details but i have to leave in about 10 minutes.Do a search on the subject and u should get plenty of info.If not i will be back later this afternoon.......bigjohn
Oh yea, be sure to put the cut end of the coil at the top.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
moneyb.
The carb used in the rincon is called a CV carb, which stands for constant velocity. This carb is an excellent choice for vehicles that are used for a wide choice of altitudes such as utility quads. It would be a poor choice for the sport quads, because they are not designed for performance.
The slide that controls the amount of air and fuel is hampered from opening by the spring that Bigjohn mentions. When the air pressure equalizes from top to bottom of the slide, the slide is then allowed to move up, giving a throttle response. This is why there is a slight hesitation. If the spring tension is lowered by either putting in a weaker spring or clipping the stock one down, it allows the slide to move up quicker for less hesitation. I haven't yet looked at my Rinny's slide, but suspect it is built the same as my XR slide. One of the tricks the XR crowd has learned, is to drill the equalization hole to a larger diameter (5/32") as well as decrease spring tension. This allows the air pressure to equalize faster allowing the slide to move quicker.
I need to look into this someday.
No negative effects that I am aware of, and if you wanted to return it to stock someday, just buy a new spring.

Hope this helps, Paul

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great info paul and bigjon.thanks for your explainations and information. i really appreciate it.jason

·
Registered
95 Posts
I clipped my spring and I think it helped. It's not dramatic, but it seems to have more punch off of the line.

...and it definitely didn't hurt performance.

·
Registered
82 Posts
cliped mine yesterday, dang it works great. now if i pin it just sitting on it i will almost wheelie over. very good mod!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts