Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone check it out, I went to a ride yesterday (Oct 9) and there was aprox. 800 machines there. I like this pic in particular, it's an 05 Black Rincon towing out a Prairie 650 twin

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a close-up of the rincon

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey men greem , im from sayre pa. where were you riding?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Festus, we were riding in jasper NY, probably about an hour and a half west of you off I86. This is the 3rd year in a row we went to this ride. They always have it the first or second weekend of Oct. Last 2 years there were approx. 800 machines there. Me and my buddy have went on about 6 public atv runs over the summer. Go to either of these websites for more info. www.trailpass.com or www.nytrostier.org.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Priceless!

Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
25 Posts
rinny03 where u from im from sandoval illinois

·
Registered
12 Posts
nice picture! Be nice to honda riders, they are your way back home!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a few more pic on my profile, I plan on downloading more so check back.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Oh how can they do that to their $7000 machines? LOL

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL...Woodsruner, thats why i was on the sideline watching with mine!

·
Registered
231 Posts
"Oh how can they do that to their $7000 machines? LOL"

For me it's having an extended warranty, taking risk, competition, and the need for ton's of fun.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Nice Pics!!, Looks crazy, I’m surprised no one ran into each other. Look like a great place to get little dirty.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I can surely understand the desire for fun, and even competition and comradery.
But I value my machines too much to bury them in crud like that. Some of the
people I ride with call me sissy (or the p word), because I go around deep mudholes. Don't care, mud and me ain't the best of friends. I ride muddy trails, just not the holes. Won't take my quads into water over the bottoms of the engine either.
I quess I am just a bit old-fashioned, or a tightwad, whichever. LOL.

·
Registered
613 Posts
WoodsRuner, Nothing wrong with that...What is important is that you have fun and be safe...I've had my machine in very deep mud, just like the photos, but when it comes to large hills...I start to think twice..LOL.
When I first got my machine I was worried about scratches and getting it too muddy but being careful; it still happens. I stopped worrying because I received more scratches just riding in the trails with all the brush laying around,,Haha.

I still take care of my machine as you can see in profile. But I do like getting dirty..

I relate it back too playing Football; after the game you can tell who played in the game by the mud on their jerseys.

Have Fun Guys, Be safe! Hell, because one day it might be me you hit in the trails.. LOL

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
You need to post that pic on highlifter, I get tired of all the crap they talk on there about honda rincons when I'm pulling people out on the weekends left and right.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's true honda for life

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know I've owned more than a few different Honda atv's and atc's through the years and i've had them all in the mud.Never once have I had any problems with any of them. It's part of the allure of owning an offroad vehicle. There's nothing funner than going out riding and coming home all covered in mud but what makes the difference is how you take care of your machine. The people who are complaining about the pics are the ones who are too lazy too take the time to pressure wash there machines and take a few extra minutes to do it right. Granted our machines are very expensive but with a little effort you can have all the fun you want and still keep your machine looking new.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Just do as I do,

You are going to clean your bike up a lot if ride much so go to a local detail shop or supply wholesaler (as I do) and buy a 5 gal bucket of high-strength auto cleaner and dilute it mildly. Also buy a 5 gal bucket of good silicone to finish the job when you are done cleaning. BUT, you must buy a couple of 1-liter pump sprayers (wal-mart, lowes, or any hardware store for about 10 bucks each) so they will stand up to the silicone. The regular trigger bottles will stop working in a week or so from the chemicals in the silicone not to mention they wear out your trigger finger.LOL

Over time it will save ya a lot of $$$. You'll have less than a 100$ bill in all and it will last for a long time. Remember what you paid for the bike, this is cheap and you can use it on the truck as well.

Ever came home after a long ride and discover you have run out of cleaner in the middle of a wash..................Here's the fix!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
MeanGreen, I used to play in the mud, but I outgrew it. Oh wait! That was grew too old for it, not outgrew it. LOL
The older I get, the tighter I get, also. When I see my $7000 machine covered in mud(which does happen, btw, just not on purpose), I feel my wallet opening. ;o)

Lazy? Yeah, I guess so. At 52 I think I have the right.

And, btw, I would never use a pressure washer on any of my machines, except maybe a little cheap low pressure one. Seen some damage from the higher pressure ones.
A garden hose works just fine.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts