Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if it was worth getting the highlifter springs. My reasoning behind this is the dive in the front end at higher speed cornering. How do they effect the overall ride and handling?

·
Registered
338 Posts
the ride is stiffer and for awhile it will be real good,but after 1500 or more miles,mine are now as soft as the stock ones..i am waiting on my works shocks to get here as we speak..

·
Registered
314 Posts
"but after 1500 or more miles,mine are now as soft as the stock ones"

While that may be true, think of how much softer the stock springs would have gotten in those 1500 miles.

I have them and like how they lessened bottoming and the lean "push" in the corners. At first I noticed the added stiffness but you soon get used to them. Them getting a little softer may not be a bad thing.
Greg

·
Registered
338 Posts
for me they were just a bandaid fix until an adjustable set of shocks came out,which now are available..

·
Registered
314 Posts
Might have to try them if you give them a glowing review.

·
Registered
338 Posts
a little over 1000.00 for all 4.they have a cheaper version for about 700 a set(no resovoir)if you really have alot of money there is a race set that will set you back 2000.00..that was alittle to steep for me..

i don't know about a glowing report i just hope i feel some diiference for this kind of money and i hopethey will last alittle longer before i have to rebuild them..

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would I want to go with the front and back or can you get by with just doing the fronts. The reason for getting them would be to eliminate the front "push" in the corners. I don't do enough riding where the back has bottomed out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts