Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
Wondering who has an HMF on their Rincon and can tell me how often they require repacking? HMF recommends every 40-50 hours but that seems pretty excessive.

·
Administrator
12,387 Posts
Yeah, that does seem excessive.. I remember seeing some posts about that over the years, I believe @MudChucker used to run one.. Try the search, Im sure there are plenty of posts about the HMF..

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Hey guys.
Wondering who has an HMF on their Rincon and can tell me how often they require repacking? HMF recommends every 40-50 hours but that seems pretty excessive.
Hey Ultratec, thanks for the mention ! Yes, 50 hours is about right, in fact, you may consider removing them dam screws and cleaning and tightening every 25 hours, if they arent already replace them with some good stainless screws and buy a tap so you can clean the threads. I would repack every 3rd oil change which for me is 60 hours.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ultratec, thanks for the mention ! Yes, 50 hours is about right, in fact, you may consider removing them dam screws and cleaning and tightening every 25 hours, if they arent already replace them with some good stainless screws and buy a tap so you can clean the threads. I would repack every 3rd oil change which for me is 60 hours.
Thanks for the reply and the info. I guess, you really gotta want that HMF muffler and the upkeep that comes from owning it. Something to think about...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts