Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my HMF utility series and quiet core arrived about 40 minutes ahead of the 2 inch tip and promoto spark arrester...The can looked so cool I couldnt wait for the 2 inch tip so I could see the difference form stock to 2 inch tip mod, to HMF pipe... I had to get the HMF installed!

After about 5 hours of carefully unbolting most of tha backend, I have the HMF pipe and can installed...

I stood beside the machine and started it up....WOW!

I giggled like a little girl it sounds farking awsome !!!

I couldnt go for much of a test ride as it was dark and late last night when I finished...I did notice rigt away tho, that from bone cold it barely needed any choke to get running, and it stayed running...

Im going to be installing a Kehin #160 Main and a #52 pilot (keeping the DJ needle and spring installed) in the next week... still waiting for them to arrive...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Does the quiet core make it much louder than stock or is it still loud? Chad

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just to give you a little heads up on the #160 main I tried it after I installed my supertrapp and it ran pretty good, but I could tell something still wasn't right so I decided to try the DJ #148 and #150 and it runs better than it ever has with the #150. I have tried alot of differant jets but as of now nothing compares to the DJ #150 it may work great for you but before you decide on one jet give the #150 a try. I also went as big as a #170 but it wasn't good either. Let me know how things work out with the #52 pilot jet I have been wanting to try one just haven't had time.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well.. there is no doubt.. its loud... it sounds like a harley :)

if I had to measure it, I would say that over all volume level... is about twice that of stock... prolly in the neighbourhood of 125 dB when its pinned. (I'll borrow a guitar tuner and figure out if anyone realy wants to know how loud it is)

there wont be any sneaking into the bush to get a deer, and sneaking out the backlane to the dirt road isnt going to be quite so easy anymore...

I didnt try it with the quiet core out... but it sounds farking mean...

I havent changed anything at the carb yet. only added the hmf, and let me tell you... my bottom end torque is farking awsome! I dont know how to measure it in order to give you all some indication but the "holy shite" factor quadrupled...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just took the rincon over to a friends place, its first long trip since having the HMF installed... farking wow! I can hit 60+ miles per hour ! after the rincon is good and hot it launches like a farking rocket! accelerates like a dragster, and whats more is, when I get into knee deep gumbo ive got throttle response and power like you cant imagine..Im just farking amazed at the difference and exhaust system can make... its running so damn well, im afraid to change the jetting...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im in Canada, so you will have to do the exchange, but the Utility series muffler, and quiet core and spark arrester were $460.00 taxes and shipping included.

and honestly, money well spent...

now dont forget, I still have some jetting to do, I want to increase the pilot jet a size, and im going to try the DJ #150, and I have a Keihin #160 main jet on its way...

that said...

I believe that I have totaly resolved my stalling problem...no matter how hard I try.. it launches when I pin it, it never stalled on any attempt at pinning it... and man did I hammer on it...

it doesnt stall after climing out of a ditch or up a steap incline, or down a steap incline and stopping abrubtly... I even tryed to make it stall by pushing on telephone pole... and all it did was dig in to the muck harder...

quite honestly,,, I cant believe the difference that the muffler alone has made... never mind the fact that it sounds farking awsome...it sounds like a harley...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts