Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I took some advice and bought the HMF (utility series) pipe, and I'm very pleased with it. Fit and Finish is nice, power is very nice, and appearance is too good for the mud. Sound, it has a very good sound, just way too much of it! It comes with a spark arrestor but it doesnt help any on sound. I dont even enjoy hearing it riding out to the mailbox. I contacted the company I had ordered it from and they said there was nothing available for it. Angry I was, so I called my buddy at my dealership and he told me the same thing.

Can someone please tell me that they are wrong, and there is something for my pipe. Quiet core or something comparable. Where I can order it would be also nice too.

Its a great pipe, just way too loud.
Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
800 Posts
hey mudchucker dose the hmf pipe have bolts holding on the end cap like the stock one dose and is that how you add the quiet core? ty

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
yeah man,,, you can see them in the photo above, there are 3 small stainless screws around the outlet.. and once you have them off, the quiet core slides in,.... I have never listend to how loud it is without the quiet core... I stuck it in when it arrived... but its about a foot long, that screen you see in the outlet in the photo is what the quiet core is made of...

·
Registered
800 Posts
cool thanks, i will be getting the pipe and the quiet core come tax return time.and a whole bunch more mods that is if gorge w bush has not spent it allready lol lol

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dealer called me back today, they called HMF and they do have a quiet core available. Seems both places I checked with had outdated info. Cant wait to get it in. I feel so much better now.

Hey Mudchucker,
DO NOT take your core out!!lol. Also I notice you are using the 3rd notch on your needle, I'm at 600ft. above sea level and I'm using the 2nd. You think theres a diff. in the 2nd. to 3rd. notch? I figured you would know since you like to experiment with it. I'm also running the 148 main, have you tried the 150 yet?

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I didnt intend to take out the quiet core...its perfectly loud the way it is...infact, just last night whilst fixxoring my carburetor troubles I had a friend over who had not heard it run... and when I finaly started if for him, he giggled like a little girl just like I did my first time hearing it...
it sounds farking awsome, yes its loud... but its not offensive and doesnt scare the deer around here...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello, can you give the adresses where i can order the quiet core? police have stopped my twice for my exhaust.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello, can you give the adresses where i can order the quiet core? police have stopped my twice for my exhaust.....

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
I ordered mine from a local distributor in canada... if you want his info message me and I'll enail it,, I dont have the info infront of me at the moment...

rectech performance products is the company name, and they are in saskatchewan canada in somr hick town... thats all I can tell you at the moment... try google ?

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Here is the link to HMF and the guiet core.

http://www.hmfengineering.com/quietcore.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts