Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the file size...my wife is a terrible videographer and Im a lazy as hell video editor ;)

I'll leave this on our server for a few days...

it was quite windy, so the sound is muffled a touch, and my wife seems to think that the best vantage point was from within the van... at any rate... we got some footage with her outside of the van..

some points to note

I have not started it for 3 days, its been between -20 celsius (-5 F) and -10 celsius for a a few weeks now... all I did was turn on the fuel, pull the choke and touch the starter, after a few seconds I pushed the choke all the way in, no bullshit...

notice that when I pull out of the ditches I promptly let off the throttle, and no stalling, and also notice at one point were I goose it a few times in a row, and no stalling...the roads were also quite icey so I couldnt do any wheelies :(

the wife also thought you all would like to see my dog, his name is Diesel.

http://rincon.mylinuxguru.com/~files/Rincon.mpg

its 50MB (4 minutes long)so I would recomend you download that and run it from your PC, hold the shift key when you click the link, or paste the entire address in your address bar, and hold the shift key when you press enter or "GO" and it will prompt you to save the file...

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
NICE...wish mine started like that !

But there is only one thing about that video mudchucker..I never seen anyone BBQ'in ????? What's up? Don't you still BBQ in -20 ? LOL

·
Registered
800 Posts
a little snow on the ground is a great time to go for a ride.the rinny stays a little cleaner because the mud holes are frozen over. and you can ride with your mouth open and not eat any bugs lol. come january i bet that field is covered in over 6 feet of snow. december is not the best snow month here in maine but it comes a time to park the rinny and use a sled now all i need to do is buy 1 lol

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Great video, thanks for letting us see it.
The pipe sounds good also, I may have to think about getting one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Do they call a McDonald's quarter pounder w/ cheese in Canada a royale with cheese?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Video is not working, is it still posted? Can't wait to see it. Roger

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks for the vid.

By the way where did you get your windshield at?I am looking for something similar.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I spent the better part of 2 hours trying to get past the initial start up with where you say, "-20 celcius" then it starts to buffer. I let it buffer for 30 minutes each time. Dial up sucks (dsl and cable are not in my area). Ill try later.

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nocnir, thats why should download it first...

The windsheild, I bought it at my dealer, $314.00 canadian dollars... whats neet about this one is that there are 3 compartments on the inside of it, perfect for a marine stearo in the middle and 2 4 inch speakes on the left and right... thats getting installed in the spring...

·
Super Moderator
6,676 Posts
Hey Rinney 03

I have a black windshield for an 03 Rinny I used it 2 times. if you are interested drop me an e-mail or PM me and I'll elaborate.

I live i BC and can ship it almost anywhere...

Oilcan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey mudchucker,
At first I couldn't tell what that animal was...thought it was a dwarf Canadien buffalo...Cool Dog!! You do any riding in Ontario?

·
Registered
35 Posts
mudchucker
Parry Sound is...the birth place of Bobby Orr...It's about 140 kms south of Sudbury on highway 69/400. About 120 KMs north of Barrie...I go up there in the summer (have a summer place on georgian bay)....go there in the winter to snowmobile (not winterized...freakin cold!!)...this summer I plan to ATV, but don't know many public places yet...Just the Senguine Trail..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts