Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, ITP Holeshot has finally come out with 26 inch atr's .I seen them on there web page, I was thinkin mudlites but now im goin with the holeshots woooo-hooo cant wait!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just got a set of 26ers, they arent 26" in diameter though.I dont know what the 25,s measure but the 26,s are right at 25" tall when on the rincon.What kind of price are you getting on them,I got mine for 359.00 shipped and i might be willing to sell them for 300 shipped if your interested.I need more ground clearance.They have about 15 miles on them.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
That's interesting that the 26's are 25"... because the 25's are at least 25" maybe even 26". I'll have to go measure mine next time I'm in the garage.

The Bighorns, which are 25's, actually measure to 26". But for the Rinny I much prefer the ATRs.

Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know, I heard that before about the 25's, thats why i thought i would get the 26's thinking they would be around 26 1/2 tall.I was wrong.Let me know how tall the 25's are,i might sell the 26's and get 25's for more ground clearance.How stupid does that sound.Anyway,mine ,with 5 lbs. air, measure 25 1/4.

·
Registered
18 Posts
New to this forum, finally a Rincon forum without a bunch of kids fighting over doing wheelies and how deep of mud they can go through. And fighting over brands.
I just put on a set of ITP's Holeshot ATR and love them. Had a problem with the bead leaking real slow on two of them, but after breaking down the bead 2 times they finally sealed. Even after I put the green slime sealent in them they still leaked. Says on the bottle will not fix bead leaks.
Have a winch coming from www.aluminumproducts.com along with the skid plate and the rest of the stuff. Hope it will put a little weight on the front end. My Rincon seems to be a little lite in the front, and was not steering good in corners.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The sizing and size change of the ATR going from 25" to 26" is a little strange.

They now don't even call them 25" and 26" any more, they give the metric cross section and height ratio. When you work out the math: ((cross section X ratio X 2 ) + 12") /25.4; you end up with the following results:

From the ITP website these are the new designations:

HOLESHOT ATR 205/80R-12 6 : = 24.91"
HOLESHOT ATR 270/60R-12 6 : = 24.75
HOLESHOT ATR 205/85R12 6 : = 25.72
HOLESHOT ATR 265/70R12 6 : = 26.61

The front 26"s are now .8" bigger than the 25".
The rear 26"s are now 1.86" bigger than the 25".

Of course this measurements are never achieved when actually installed with weight on them.

But I wonder why they changed the stagger front to back so much when they went up in size? The rear used to be slightly shorter on the 25"s, now the rear considerably taller on the 26"s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like the ATR's on my Rinny, matter of fact when my first set wore out, I replaced them with more ATR's, but this time on ITP type 5's
Jeff

·
Registered
84 Posts
Another difference I have found is the 26" tires are more rounded than the 25" tires. By rounded, I mean the tread contact surface of the 26" tire has a round profile vs the more square profile of my 25". Don't know the reason but it is very noticeable when you put the 2 side by side. My friend has run both on his Rincon and prefers the handling of the 25" tires.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just got done riding Wayne National Forest on my new 25' ATRS. Wow, what a difference than the stockers! I love the way they handle and there wider stance allows you to bite the ridges to keep you out of the ruts. I went through a mud hole that a Foreman 450, Vinson 500, and a Polaris 500 H.O.with mud lites couldn't get through! I was actual shocked!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I asked this somewhere else, but never saw it come through. I was wondering if the new 26 tires have a decent sized front tire, or if you need to go with the rear tire size all the way around like with the 25 series>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts