Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any inside to the next generation of Honda Rincon-EX: EFI, adjustable shocks, differential lock, v-twin, more power! I love my Rincons.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's what i'm talking about. Since I totaled the rincon, I think i might just sit this year out without it. Hoping that maybe in 06, Honda might come up to speed on it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I like all that, but the efi.... at least for the first few years.... I have bben there on early gen snowmobiles... and its not worth it.... Now that all the bugs are out.. Its the only way to go... But the early models.... no-way

·
Registered
280 Posts
Honda has no near term plans for EFI from what I have been told.
Besides, with EFI we won't be able to mod to get better performance.
I did hear a rumor of a v-twin in Hondas future, but it was only a rumor.

·
Registered
322 Posts
WoodsRuner, EFI CAN adjust to modifications. You just have to have the RIGHT kind! 99% if not 100% of all motorcycles using EFI have a "speed-density" EFI system. They can not automatically adjust to modifications, you must manually go in and retune the computer.

Now, if it had a "mass air" EFI system it WOULD automatically adjust to modifications. The thing is, the mass air system uses a different air intake sensor to detect engine load. Modifications free up the engine load, which that sensor does detect and tells the computer the flow more fuel to the injectors. So, mass air is the only (good) EFI system that will adjust to modifications done to the engine.

The way the mass air works is a sensor is located near the beginning of the intake tube. It has two wires in it. One wire is heated to a very high tempurature. When air blows on it, it cools the wire down. The more air that blows on the wire (such as wide open throttle) the colder the wire gets. The sensor sends the message to the computer of how cold the air coming in is and the computer then figures how much fuel needs to be injected

1 - 5 of 5 Posts