Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all,

Iv'e got a problem with my 2003 rincon. It's overheating and the fan will not come on. I've unplugged the fan and connected it to the battery and made sure the fan works and it appears to be working . So when i ride maybe 10-20 min it appears to be ok ...but when i ride hard and heat the engine up the coolant overflows and i've noticed the fan does not come on . I've also looked and some youtube videos and checked the connections to the oil sensor & coolant and the wires seem to be fine. I would ground off each one and the coolant light on the display would come on .......so i'm lost from here . Any ideas where else i can check . Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is located on the back of the cylinder head. Part# 37750-MAZ-003

I have a 2004 and same things was happening. I bought mine used and apparently someone had already hardwired the fan at one time. I just added a switch for the fan so I can bypass and turn on when I want to. I will be replacing both the thermo unit sensor and the oil temp sensor. Hopefully that will fix the issue as well.

·
Super Moderator
6,544 Posts
A good idea LSUDan. The parts are over 15 years old and have heat cycles, so replacing them is a good maintenance function. I never added a fan switch, and often when plowing , when I put the Rincon away, the fan is running. I let it sit till the fan stops, then shut er down. I have replaced both senders in the last couple years. Hinceman, the shop manual is a great tool to answer such questions.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The manual says to use a locking agent on the threads for the thermo unit. Are they talking about Loctite? If so, do I use the blue Loctite?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is located on the back of the cylinder head. Part# 37750-MAZ-003

I have a 2004 and same things was happening. I bought mine used and apparently someone had already hardwired the fan at one time. I just added a switch for the fan so I can bypass and turn on when I want to. I will be replacing both the thermo unit sensor and the oil temp sensor. Hopefully that will fix the issue as well.
Sounds good ill replace it and see how it goes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts