Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the rincon and the kids have the trx 90 we ride togher in nova scotia and love it is there any others out there who would like to ride with us they call the 90 a babby rincon

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have you had any problems with your trx 90, I'm thinking of buying them for my two kids this coming summer?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I looked at them all and the honda is the only way to go. All the others are korean junk. I had an 02 polaris that was broken more than my son rode it. He is seven and loves the Honda. I am going to get my daughter one this spring. The machine is big enough for an adult to ride and is built like an adult machine with a motor and transmission design that has been around since the seventies.

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Hey Mud, don't worry, your old enough to ride it. My buddy has one for his kid, he has ridden it with us when his Polaris was busted. He rides it a lot, it's an impressive machine.

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
Wish Honda made a TRX50.. I would have bought one in a heart beat.

The TRX90 was just to large for my 4yr son. He would have had a hart time pulling in the break levers and reaching the shifter. So he got new 2005 Jap made, not Korean made, Raptor50 instead on his b-day last year. It has been a rock solid little bike so far.. But it may not last near as long as a Honda. The dam thing cost the same as the TRX90 though. :(

The Yamaha dealer even made me sign a form stating that no one under 6yrs old would be riding the little 50cc atv?? The first dealer I went to asked my sons age, and I said he will be 4 on his b-day. The dealer then stated that he would not sell me the 50cc atv. Had cash in hand mind you.. I never was asked by the second dealer my sons age, just signed the age form during the sell process..

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Everybody is afraid of being sued. All the Jap dealers signed a stupid safety decree years ago to keep from being run out of buisness by the saftey nazis. That is where the silly age shit comes from...

·
Registered
518 Posts
I bought two Hyosung 90 for my kids.
They are Korean, but on researching Hyosung, they are a huge manufacturing giant with a pretty solid reputation. They have been a contract manufacturer for Suzuki for a long time making their 50cc quads, so have plenty of experience.
The build quality is good and so far the engines have been rock solid. I only have two gripes:
1. They are small for 90's - my 10 year old looks way too big when riding his. Having said that, he is huge for his age - about the size of your average 12-13 year old !
2. The battery charging circuit has gone dead on one of them - its probably only a bad connection, but without the wiring diagram its pretty hard to trace the circuit through the wiring harness. The bigger problem with this is that they don't have a back up re-coil starter, so we have to take jump leads where ever we go.
They were $1,500 each, including delivery and so far have been well worth the money.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Here are the kids on their machines....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts