Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this dealer is know for very high service charges and lack of knowlage on the products they sell. they do not care if they get return business or not, they will overcharge you and almost laugh at it. $194 for valve adjust and rejet, wow. on a recent trip down to pick up a old honda that was repaiered the machanic handed me the shop paper work and bill, looking at it i noticed that the price of the parts had been changed 3 times from the retail price to a much higher price, as i started to ask about that he riped the papers from my hand and quickly put them under the counter and said i could not see them again and to pay the bill! the total charge was near $800 and it was to change a stator. almost $400 for a stator and near $400 for labor, is it me or is this way to high, by the way it will not start at all for a few days after. if you are ever in monticello, utah and need something or sevice on you stuff, do not go to hondaland, or you to will be another notch on their cash register.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Man, it is worth your time to drive to Richfield and go to Jorgensen’s...Guys here in Las Vegas do it for just the same reasons. Sometimes I get the feeling Honda isn't really interested in the OHV market. They let dealers run loose ruining their reputation, and most of the products are not full blown "cutting edge". They have some great stuff...but lots of just stupid stuff.

Witness the drum brakes on a Rincon. They work but so do the brakes on my 1956 Ford. Damn, Honda, get with it. EVERYBODY is drooling for a mid-size bike with IRS, but hell no, Honda isn't going to introduce one.

We all are just dieing for more power in a Rincon. It is obvious that it is there somewhere, just adding a $60 Dynojet make all the difference in the world. Will Honda do it from the factory?...no way. The Rincon 3 speed works great...90% of the time. The other 10% it needs two more lower gears. It gets you by, but it really doesn't TOTALLY kick ass.

I think Honda has good reliable products, but I also think they could be WAY better in many ways. Hey, but what do you want for $7500.000!! The best, the most sophisticated and most technological advanced...no, lets put the front drums off a '56 Ford...no one will notice.

I love my Rincon and it is a wonderful bike, but as with any product, there is room for improvement.

Paul...

·
Registered
518 Posts
On the one hand, it feels frustrating that Honda go with "56 Ford" drum brakes on their flagship, most technologically advanced m/c - but damn it - as an overall package - it works !
I think it is a case where the value of the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I agree 100%, the total package makes a wonderful bike. That is precisely why I own one and really am VERY happy with it.

My only point is, I have to drive a small, efficient, no nonsense car to work everyday, It is not flashy, it has low power, and not many extras...Why in a million years would I want to spend my free time and discretionary income on a bike (really just a toy for a hobby and something I could live without) that "Just Works". The "overall" scale tilted just barely in Honda's favor in this category.

I got off a 91'CR500 before the Rincon. Things just changed in my life and I was ready for something different. Honda had it RIGHT on that bike. It was the bike from 91' til they introduced the CRF that everyone was trying to catch. If you said you rode a CR500 everyone went OOOH,AAAH or thought you were crazy. Handling was unparallel and the power bordered on "Brute force and ignorance". Why can't they do the same thing on the ATV products....I think their heart isn't in it, or the lawyers have them so scared, Honda won't make a move.

I don't know the answer, it just gripes me to know it could be better, it is technologically possible and I have to wait and wait, and not have it introduced.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nothing wrong with drum brakes on a quad. After all, it doesn't weigh
4500#. I have no complaints about the Rinny brakes,
or any Honda quad with drums. They stop you when you tell them to.
Sounds like some don't like drums just because they don't "match up" to the competition.
Keeping up with the Joneses deal? If it works, who cares?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts