Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Mudlites and ITP Black C-series this weekend. I went for a good ride and i dont have the power it used to. I know this a can be a rotating mass issue/weight, but i wonder if i can screw with the jetting to get this power back. Im running the 148 Main, with 2.5 turns out, and the washer on the 2nd groove. Im going to switch to synthetic to see if that helps. Anyone runnning this simialr setup still have a the power to wheelie?

Thanks,

matt

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Realistically, you aren't gonna get it back without power mods like a cam, high-comp piston, etc. The added weight of those tires is what's killing it.

When I got my new Bighorns for my Grizzly, I decided to try 'em on the Rincon too, since the Grizz and Rinny wheels are the same. So the Rincon's ATRs/C-Series went on my Grizzly and the Bighorns/Maxxis 8-spokes went on teh Rincon for a few days.

I immediately noticed a big difference in performance. The Rinny rode like a Cadillac, but was very sluggish compared to before. The ATRs are a LOT lighter than the Bighorns. So I swapped 'em back and all was well. The Bighorns are better suited to the Grizzly, and the ATRs are (IMO) the perfect tire for the Rincon.

Rob

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had 27/10-12 and 27/12-12 mudlites on for winter and with c series wheels and noticed some power loss but I could still wheelie though it didn't come up like is does with the stock size on. I was wondering what the exhaust kit did to your low end performance. I know on most 4 strokes installing an aftermarket exhaust on a stock motor will actually decrease low end power.

·
Registered
35 Posts
650ccMatt,

I don't mean to insult your intelligence but I thought I would bring this up since it happened to me.

I did the stage one upgrade, you know; K&N, DynoJet with Karl's 2" exhaust tip w/o spark arrestor. That was a wheelie'ing machine. I opted to go with 25" MudBugs on mine with the stock wheels. I got em installed, pulled out into the yard and nothing. No more wheelies, as hard as I tried. I figured it had to do with the minimal unsprung weight I had introduced into the equation. No biggee, I don't do wheelies that much anyway. Then, a couple of nights later, my bud who just got a new 400 Artic Cat that he thought was fast, decided we should race. It just so happened that we were on a tar road. I goosed it and damn near flipped over backwards. Come to find out, the MudBugs just don't grip on grass and dirt as good as the stock radials did. The tires spin instead of gripping and bringing the front up.

You're probably a bit smarter than I am but for a couple of days there, I was bummed out for no reason!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well said ZenMan the bias tires do not hook up as good in grass and dirt as the radial tires do. They seem to spin more, where as the radials flex.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the tires did spin alot more than the stockers, now that i think about it. Im not really worried about the overall power, it was just a little concern i had. I just wanted to see if others had noticed a slight power loss. Thanks for the replies dudes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have you tried wheelieing in 4wheel drive? I found that the extra traction in front makes up for the rear wheels initial spin and allows the front end to come up easier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The rev. limiter on a rincon stops it at around 60mph, and the constant velocity carb. spring stops it from being aggressive ( Honda lawyers don’t want it to wheelie? ). Get a dyno-jet kit, install the dyno-jet CV spring and needle w/ the clip in the 4th slot on the needle without washers under the clip. Throw away the main jets that come with the dyno-jet kit and use a #40 pilot W/ air the air screw at 3 turns out and a #158 main jet below 5000' or a #155 main jet above 5000' and it will blow away a grizzly or 700 sportsman from 0-50 mph. I haven’t run into a Kaw. 700 so I don’t know about them. I’ve changed five rincons using this set-up and they are all nasty fast up to 50 mph. I haven’t figured out how Honda is de-tuning the engine above 50 mph yet (retard the spark or control the CV carb. slide). If any of you know e-mail me [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts