Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... on the bottom of the carb? I can't tell any difference after a bunch of twiddling it both ways. I'm at about 800' ABS and the Rincon has a DynoJet #144 and needle on #2. Outside low speed screw is on at 2.5 turns out. Gracias!

·
Registered
201 Posts
It is for midrange adjustments, I have tweaked with mine and have not had noticable changes unless you go to extremes.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Caz41,

I don't mean to argue the point, but I beleive the screw really has the most effect below 1/4 throttle. It adjusts the pilot circuit and has more effect on idle and initial throttle response than mid range. Once you have applied more throttle and the slide starts to move in the carb, the much larger main jet and needle take over in effecting performance.

If you were at mid to full throttle and completely closed the circuit (screw in all the way) the engine would still run. Try that at idle and it will die.

Slow the idle down as much as possible until the engine will just stay running and then the the effect of adjustment will be most noticeable. Turn one way until the engine starts to stumble or dies; Then go the other way until the same thing happens. Half way between them should be about right. Some engines are more sensitive to this adjustment and you will notice the idle speed change as you turn each direction; in that case you work to the point of fastest idle and then readjust idle to suit or to spec.

I also, find that there does seem to be a fairly large range of adjustment on the Rincon in which little difference is apparent.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks park gt for the good post. that makes sense. i think the factory setting is 2.5 turns out. i finally set mine at 1.75. mine is dynojetted and that's a lot lower than the 3 called for in the directions. anyway, when you nail the throttle, there's the typical brief lag and then the bike stands on its hind legs.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hey Barkle, have you been getting any riding in?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Parkgt, I concede your point on the screw affecting more on the low end than midrange. I guess my main point was that the adjustment, or lack-there-of of the screw is not going to give noticable amounts of power gain or loss during normal riding conditions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
With the a/f screw adjusted properly there should not be any lag. That screw adjusts throttle reponse. You should be able to blip your throttle and not have any lag when adjusted properly. I adjusted mine out about a quarter turn more than factory to get rid of the bog. It is now about 2 3/4 turns out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts