Honda Rincon Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
If I was to choose between a coolant heater and a heating pad I would use a coolant heater. It is a far better heater because it heats the coolant then the metal and the heat is used 100%. The heating pad must heat itself enough to "transfer" the heat to metal then coolant. If the pad is not 100% touching the metal to transfer heat, its not heating 100%. Take it from me I know. I'm an auto/ diesel mechanic for the state of Illinois. Out of 200-300 plow trucks and 200+ state police cars we have, they all have coolant blockheaters in them. Not one of our equip. have heating pads.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
MudChucker-

Care to elaborate a little here on the tuning issue? I am not sure if my problem is related to just letting it sit too long without running (3 weeks or more at a time) or if it could be something else going on.

Stock machine, air-fuel is adjusted to help reduce stalling on hill climbs, somewhere around 2.25-2.375 turns out or so. Everything else stock.

Would love to hear some more thoughts.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
I realize how old this thread is, however, I CANNOT find the product listed above at the KIMPEX sight. Anybody have the actual URL of the specific product mentioned?

Thanks a ton!

Doug B.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts