Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

As most of you regulars on this web site know that I have had my share of overheating issues with my bike and all the work that has going into trying to fix this problem. Honda Canada even put a hole new mid and upper motor section on my bike because of what happen durning the overheating. Well, after the new parts the bike would still overheat. That's when I started to talk to another member and he told me to add Water Wetter, spread the oil cooler/Rad apart. I have now put on 500km and rode the bike in +30 degree heat and I haven't had a problem since. I would strongly recommend doing this to your bike if you are having the same problems. Sxflyer was the one who told me about this mod. Thank again Sxfler and if you go to his profile, then to his website - the pic's are there to show you how to do it.

P.S You will get more info from this site than you dealer

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi T-Bone. Good to hear about your overheating issues being solved.

I take it you decided to give your Rincon another chance before unloading it and buying a Polaris; I think you'll see that the more miles you put on your Rincon, the better you'll like it. What made you change your mind about getting rid of it? How did everything work out with Honda? Did they agree to extend your factory warranty after all? Just curious...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey ATVtech

Nice to here from you again. Well Honda Canada called me at home once I called the Better Business Bureau Of Canada and told them about my mess and that the fact that my wife works at a big Law Firm downtown Toronto and they sent a letter saying that legal action was going to be taken if they didn't clean up there act. So, Honda Canada said that they were going to replace the hole mid section up on the motor, extend the warranty another 6 months after the first warranty ran out and they give me a in store credit at my local Honda dealer to get some good add on's. (front push bar - Rear Push bar and payed to put it on). It seems to be running better with the mod to the rad. I was out this weekend and it still runs great. Hope that's the end of my problems and start enjoying the bike. Will keep you posted on how this are going.

Need some rain for some good mud riding. Been pretty dry up here!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
had mine overheat 1 time,it was full of mud.hosed out the mud has run great ever sence.i have be thinking of getting some water wetter but have some questons about it. how much water wetter do you add and what dose it do the mix of your coolent.i live were it gets cold and do not want to crack my block becaused i thined out my coolent mix. any help would be great ty

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Silveradoman

I got my dealer to add the Water Wetter to the coolant. There was just a bit left in the bottle when I picked the bike up. I would say 90% of it was used.I too live where it gets below freezing and was told that it will not cause any problem in the winter. It tells you how much to use and how it works in the rad/motor on the back of the bottle. Check it out and ask others what they think as well.

Hope this helps

T-Bone

·
Registered
25 Posts
where can u get it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go to this web site. It will explain how it works and should tell you were to find it.

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp?productID=53

T-Bone

·
Registered
117 Posts
T-Bone, Where did you get those cool looking Hand Guards. They look sharp and probably cut the wind off your hands during the winter. I am down in Beautiful Arkansas, but it still gets cold in the winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts