Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 rincon with ITP 589's (26 or 27's... it's been a year... can't remember right now, I will take a look tonight) and I added the HMF Pipe with their $5 jet, in order to get the lost power back. I would like to increase my performance (low end and top end). Will adding a K&N Filter and the Dyno Jet kit get me a lot more power/performance then what I have now? The HMF guy told me (when I ordered my pipe) that the K&N Filter/Dyno Jet Kit would not make much of a difference... just to use the new jet they supplied me and keep my stock filter. Also, how much does the taller tires throw my speedometer off... at top speed? What kind of power/perfomrmance would I get from adding the big bore kit/cam package at high lifter. Does anyone have this modification? Who else besides high lifter makes kits like that one? What do all these modifications do to the life of the quad/reliability... it seems I'm reading a lot about people having a lot of mechanical problems with their stock Rincon... Is this true, or are these rare instances? I do plan on purchasing the Front Disc brake kit next... but ultimately I would like one bad ass Rincon... and I'm not worried about spending the money to get there... would very much like to add some serious HP (don't like the idea of getting whipped by any other utility quad). My rincon has about 250 miles on it... Is there an advised break-in mileage before doing serious mods. like big bore/cam.? What else do you need to change or modify when you start talking about radical HP improvements.... tranny, axles,... etc...

I know I wrote a book, but would be very interestd in everyones thoughts and knowledge on this subject.

Thanks!

·
Registered
807 Posts
pretty much every question you asked is already answered somewhere in this forum. Do a search for the keywords you need.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have not heard much good about Highlifters bigbore/cam kits.
They are suffering from early failures, especially if not installed
by a professional engine builder. They do add gobs of low end power,
if you don't mind re-doing it every year or so.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O.K.,

I think I will wait awhile on the big bore and cam... It seems people are having a lot of issues with it. If I buy the K & N Power kit from High Lifter... which includes the filter and dyno jet kit, do I need the racing spark plug since I have the HMF Pipe?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey yellow650rincon,

What main jet and other carb settings did you use with the Dyno Jet kit... I live in Indiana, probably close to the same elevation, and I have the HMF pipe..

I recently installed the front and rear sport kits... they are much better then I anticipated. Looks great, if you like sporty appearance.

www.extreme2engineering.50megs.com

I bought mine off ebay... I think you can get them at Honda Parts World to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts