Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the first weekend that I have been able to go on a long and challenging ride since I installed all my performance goodies. Let me start off by saying that the Detriot Locker is awesome it has made my rincon go places that it use to have trouble going and as far as the steering it really isn't that much harder. I was very impressed what a extra wheel pulling would do. Also I am very pleased with the supertrapp exhaust and the jet kit. My rincon always seemed to need a little extra power when climbing up a rockey hill or going throught a mud hole, but with the supertrapp and jet kit it has all the power it needs now. I never had any trouble spinning my 26" (589's) even in some deep and thick mud and climbing up steep and rockey hills this weekend Like I said above I believe that I have my rincon set up about as perfect as you could get one for my type of riding I enjoy the true 4-wheel drive now and the extra power from the supertrapp and jet kit. I just had to let everyone know that you will never hear me bashing the rincons anymore because I have fallen in love with mine again

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have had trouble with my 26's in deep thick mud.....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When it was stock I had it in some mud a few times and it was hard to spin them, I think any rincon with 26" ITP 589's that is stock will have a little trouble spinning them in the thick mud.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where in your opinion is the best place to get the Detroit Locker and should a dealer install it? I'm not mechanically inclined but would love to have that 4-wheel low power.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got mine from Highlifter thats the cheapest place I found, plus I also get a 10% discount from them cause I am a member, but it really isn't hard to install if you follow the instructions. You will need to carry your ring gear that comes out of the front end and have some machineing done to it but its nothing big. If you go to highlifter.com you can download the instructions and see what I'm talking about. Go ahead and do it you want be disappointed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts