Honda Rincon Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I was at the Rocky Mtn Jamboree in Richfield. There was one there!

·
Super Moderator
6,559 Posts
What a cumbersome soon to be high centered heavy POS that thing is

is cries to work hard, but for a fun off road machine, those sills would need to come up at least 18", and much larger tires...

I wonder if the width is the same or near the little suzuki 4x4's that were all over the road a few years back.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Videos please?

·
Registered
716 Posts
yeah were's the vids we talked about two pages ago?huh?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I am sure that there are going to be tons of farmers and ranchers that buy a big Red. not only because it is a good work vehical but because it is made by Honda and they want and need that kind of quality.

Now IMO the Big Red isn't a trail rig at all! I would be shocked if I ever cross paths with one on the trail. It is way too wide to be any fun on atv trails and not good enough for truck trails without major modifications.

So if you are buying a Big Red for the trails you are a retard! Spend that much money and not get a RZR and somebody should cart you off to the loony bin.

I do think that the BIG RED will be a smash hit within its target market! Some Hunters, Farmers, and Ranchers!

·
Premium Member
10,392 Posts
/CFIDE/scripts/ajax/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/lightbulb.gifwow, how long are we going to beat this workhorse? It is what it is until someone comes along and makes it something else, hey wait isn't that how the rzr came about, or did it come first?

·
Premium Member
3,141 Posts
Im with you mudbuddy, I don't know why people want to compare the big red with the Razr. It should be compared to with the Ranger. As said several times before, the Razr is in a class all to itself. NO other company is presently trying to compete with it. Yes the Big Red is going to be a big seller to those of us who are looking into a great work and hunting rig. If it had a bench seat, I would be really looking into it. That is my only hang up on it. The styling is growing on me. Ugly, crap, show me a UTV that isn't ugly. They all have there upside and there downside. Remember guys, this is Hondas first year at this, they will continually grow in this area. As Zampinator as already said, they have another UTV in the works.

Oh and Anthony, down here you would be surprised on how many people hit the trails with there rangers. They are becoming a HUGE hit for those with families that want there whole family to go out and enjoy the great outdoors together. Now on your public riding areas like Busco and other places (that in opinion isn't enjoying the great outdoors because of the volume of vehicles on the trails), you probably won't see one. But if you hit the back trails and old logging roads out in the country, you probably will.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I am not saying that you could not go on the trail with it. What I am saying is that if you are buying the Big Red Solely for riding trails......you need to have your head examined.

I was not comparing it to the RZR because that would be laughable!

When I was in WV riding the Hatfield McCoy trails our cabin neighbors were all riding as a family in their Mules and Rangers. More power to them, but I bet my life they didn't get on the tiny trails. For one they are banned on anything but green trails, and second because there is no way they would fit.

Also I would point out that they were Farmers and this was there family outting. The UTV's were mainly used as work vehicals, and then I could see that is why they would trail the Big Red!

So to recap, I would not buy a big red for the sole purpose of trailing or mudding you would be a tard not to get a RZR instead. The Big Red is so underpowered compared to the RZR so that makes no sense.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Many folks who ride trails here do it to get somewhere to do something, such as hunt and fish. If you have a good day hunting you could come back with three deer per person. I guess that big bed would be good for that. If you have a good day fishing you can put all the fish in a big cooler in that big ole bed. If you want to set up a camp you can haul all your gear out with you in one trip. If I had the money, I would have a big red. For now though, the rinny gets the job done. A good buddy of mine is expecting his to be delivered this week. I can't wait to go hunting with him.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just got mine last wed 24th. i got a few extras with hard top,digital meter gauges,rubber mats for cab and bed and ordered rims ITP SS212 14" Black W/ 27" MUDLITE XTR tires. wheels should be here this week.I will post pics soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
MY new toy

·
Registered
754 Posts
i like your new toy,and i like mine more because i can ride it

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Now there you go RIN24, an actual OWNER. Tell us how you like the "Big Red". I see you have the baby seat in it . I bet that young one gets a kick out of it.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts