Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2007 rincon.

I replaced then IAC sensor around Thanksgiving.

Is there a difference between these IACs?

16430-HN8-A61
16430-HP6-A01

I put the HP6 one in then found a website that didnt list my rincon but the Gscape model rincon for that part number and mine for the HN8.

Thanks

·
Administrator
12,355 Posts
Welcome

Not sure why but sometimes the part #s are different on parts between the two machines when the only difference is the GPS thing..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It doesn't seem to negatively effect the machine. The only other thing that is new, is after running for a while I'll come to idle in drive and it will stall. My older honda used to do this when the choke was sticking.

Is there a way to clean out the auto choke and fuel injectors that is recommended?

·
Administrator
12,355 Posts
When it stalls, are you releasing the thumb throttle quickly, or slowly? Sometimes blipping or releasing the throttle hard could make it stall

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll drive it for about 10 minutes. Sit still go to push the gas to get up and go and it stalls. So....pushing the throttle quick

·
Administrator
12,355 Posts
So driving it around is fine, even full throttle? If that's fine you still may want to inspect and replace then fuel filter.

I would invest in a service manual, you can get paper copy or download it.

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
Why did you replace the IACV?
Regarding the stalling issue....Pushing on the throttle fast is not the issue, pumping it is. Example, press, release, press, release, press release from closed to open to close throttle will for sure flood it. It does not react like a 2 stroke or a dirt bike.... But because it is an 07 I'd say look into the fuel filter inside the pump. Have a new one at the ready anyway as it is good to replace a filter every now n then ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry i was gone for so long. I have the service manual. I'll work on changing the fuel filter. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So....i found out another aspect of this "stalling" issue. It only does it when the rincon is in 4x4. In 4x2 there is no hesitation, no stalling. I turn on the 4x4 and drive it hard come to a stop, and once i try to go again, it stalls. Do you all have any suggestions on what could cause this?

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
Have you inspected/changed the fuel filter? There would be more load on the motor in 4x4.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm waiting on a new fuel filter. I'm hoping that solves the whole issue. Things are wicked back ordered right now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I installed a new fuel pump and filter(all hoses and connectors), new spark plug, new air filter. We will see if the random stalling is still an issue. We are taking the atv to the camp this weekend. One other question on this, could this stalling in 4x4 just be because the machine isn't warmed up?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts