Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever installed these before? They come with what I call expanders for the inside of the handlebar, but mine has a nut welded to the inside of the handlebar. So I cant make the expanders work. Any ideas??? I'm dying to get these on. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The little "plugs" are plug welded from the side you would see if you were sitting on it you have to drill out the plug weld in order to get the thing out of the bar. I had to do this when I put in my heated grips that came stock on a 440 JD snowmobile they are the core type. roll the grips back and you can see the paint where they welded it drill in the center of it with a 1/8" bit then 1/4" bit you should be able to break the rest of the weld but use good judgement because you want them out and not in further.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My advice is to not bother with the expanders, they will never hold very tight and you will probably have to make modifications that you can't reverse. I really like the moose hand guards, simple and very functional with no modifying.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Philjo, I have these handguards and I just used the stock bolts that come in the ends of the handlebars. They have been on my rinny for about 700 miles and have not worked loose yet.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks rincon20, Ive had them on for awhile now. I forgot all about this thread. I felt like a moron when I put that stock bolt in...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts