Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have an air compressor, use a rag or something to make a seal around the air nozzle and blow into the opposite end of the bar you want to put the grip on. It will balloon the grip and slip right on. You can also take them off this way if they have not been glued on. You may be able to work something under the grip and get the glue loose and then use the air. Much easier than it sounds. The Rincon has a bolt in the end so when you remove it, there is not a very large hole to try seal as you blow into it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
An old trick for mountain bikers is to spray the inside of the new grip with hairspray before sliding it on. It will lubricate the grip so it slides right into place, after it dries a few hours it sticks like glue.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Wrap electical tape around the air nozzle to get a good seal.
Works a lot better than a rag.

·
Registered
117 Posts
To put a new grip on I clean the handlebar and spray Adhesive headliner spray on it, and before it dries I spray it with windex and the grip slips on supper easy and by the next morning it is completely dry. My grips never slip even when soaked with water now. Works great for me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've always used good old WD-40. Don't go overboard with it and it will slide right on and will be tight. Mine have NEVER came off, nor can I even try to attempt to pull them off or slide them around. The WD works well.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
I dipped them in a bucket of hot water for a couple of minutes then horsed them right on. Once they cooled they were on good. I did three pair this weekend and it worked good.

·
Premium Member
10,392 Posts
when I bought my swisher heated grips they said use WD-40 I warmed the grips by hanging them in front of my modine in the shop before lubing them up and they slid right on and were tight with no movement in minutes

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
spray some hair spray on the bars... slide it on. once that shit sets it sticks like you wouldn't beleive

·
Registered
49 Posts
hairspray easy and works great

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
A carpet knife to cut the unwanted stock grips off and rubbing alcohol makes it a 10 minute job.The rubbing alcohol drys fast and makes the grips stick like some kind of glue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts