Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost fell over at the Honda dealership the other day when he quoted me $28 + tax for the NGK iridium plug.

Good news: Sparkplugs.com has them for $11.41

Bad news: Shipping & handling is a flat $7.50. I only need one of them, not eight!

·
Registered
11 Posts
man don't feel too bad. i went to the dealership the other day for 2 plugs and 2 jets and it cost me $48.00. i don't really need them but i thought i would buy a couple extra in case i foul them out riding at high elevations next week.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Other than a back-up or a spare, did you really need a new plug?? I am curious because plugs seem to last forever these days. Car manufacturers claim 100,000 miles on plugs and they seem to really get that out of them. I pulled my Rincon plug at 1000 miles and it looked like new. As long as it starts good, runs good, and the mileage stays good, I will assume the plug IS good.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pablo, your first guess was the right one. I'm heading out to where they don't got no steenkin' spark plogs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It never hurts to have a spare part. If you needed it out in the boondocks, $28 bucks would be a bargin!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
My local NAPA auto parts (after a lot of research) says he can get them for me for $13.40 per plug. The downside is that you have to buy them in eight packs. I ended up going back to my honda dealer and paid fifeteen dollars and change plus tax. Twenty eight dollars a plug is a "double gouge".

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought a new NGK Iridium spark plug off of www.sparkplugs.com. Ended up costing like $20 including the shipping. I bought it because you always use a new spark plug when checking your jetting and right now I'm trying to get it dialed in just right.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I could use a few spares. Just send me all of your old Rincon Iridium spark plugs you are going to throw away. A little sand blasting and they will be like new. PM me and I will send you my address.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts