Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'04 Rincon new owner. My new Rincon Boggs down on take-off and in the mud, it also cuts out in reverse if I barely even get into the throttle. Has anyone else had these problems. I went back to the dealer and they said it was running fine. I hope I never get stuck and have to back out because all it does is cuts out.... Please help..

·
Registered
151 Posts
IN reverse, there is a speed limiter of 7 to 9 miles an hour..... Makes it sound like it is missing..... many threads in here on how people are trying to remove the limiter.

Bogging going forward should not happen....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Install a Dynojet Kit and follow the instructions for the Mods that your quad has, such as a after market pipe, exhaust modification or high-flo air filter. This will end the bog and you will have great throttle response.

·
Registered
322 Posts
The dynojet kit will immediately take care of the throttle response problem, th bogging problem should not exist but it will also go away.............

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the comments. My jet kit should be here tomorrow. I will probably have it on Friday. Thanks again

·
Registered
35 Posts
csteely68

You'll love your bike after you get done with the Stage 1 modification. I just got done doing mine and it is like a different bike. Please post your carburator settings once you get it running good. I am always looking to hear what other guys who have the same setup find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welp I tried my bike out with my jet kit and your right it was like a totally different bike. I have been looking at the highlifter hot cams, have any of ya'll tried that mod yet...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I won't be making any internal modifications to my Rincon for a while. It has plenty of poop for me like it is now with the Stage 1 kit. I have read some posts from guys on this forum and others that have taken steps to radically increase power and they ultimately ended up with transmission problems. Apparently the stock Honda transmission components and settings have a little trouble dealing with much more power than what the Rincon comes with from the factory.

I know that "more power" has been the "mantra" since day one but I don't want to stick any "more money" in my bike!

Enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts