Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it's been a while since I've signed on but now that I have I'm concerned. RobG I respect your opinion and have concern that my 2004 Rinny has been a poor deciscion. I have the stalling problem that my dealer seems unconcerned with and my Buddies new 700 Polaris seems to be a dream. The 500 polaris he had was un-problematic and now he's loving life...MORE,the problem is my cash was invested on the Rinny and now I'm tapped!!! Is there any hope for me and my rig? I do like the machine but now I'm friggin' scared based on your analysis. Looking for some hope here...anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
I'll make your day. How about your Rincon weighs About 600 lbs. not the close to 800 lbs. that the pos Sportsmans do.

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Here's another one. There are 633 registered Rincon owners on this forum. About 3 are unhappy with theirs. That leaves 630 satisfied Rincon owners or about 99.5%. Works for me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
See how the seeds of disharmony and distrust spread so quickly? SHeee-it, I hate it when people poop all over their Rincons on a forum like this and expect everyone else to sympathize. I don't. Get yer dang Rincon fixed and either live with it, or defect to another brand, but don't expect the majority of us to pat you on the back and wish you well. Sorry for the harsh words, brother, but dang it - let's keep some decorum here.

·
Registered
151 Posts
It also seems that forums like these seem to "find" people with trouble. Most quad riders do not post in forums, and I would guess that 99 percent of rincon owners do not post here.

The facts are, that every machine has trouble...... Dont let it bother you....

No offense to Robg

·
Registered
264 Posts
All I know is,when you go to sell or trade in your four wheeler,most dealers in my area want take a "Polaris" in trade,the Honda products are easiest for re sale. This be Yamaha,Kawasaki,Suzuki and Honda dealers!I kow 1 dealer in Mississippi who sells Yamaha,Suzuki and Polaris, told me to buy anything but a Polaris,he is also a friend!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fair enough then...I asked for reassurance and got it. I love the rig and the points here are all valid.Thanks again! Hey Rock, mellow huh? Not looking for a pat on the head, just the input that came in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah hey sorry about the intensity, Robbo. Just too much coffee today, and kinda pissed that I got so much work to do I aint been riding lately. No offense intended, bro. Just my way of speech. Peace?

·
Registered
807 Posts
ISurvivedNMU...well said. Most of us like the forums to get ideas, tips, heads up on other's experience with extras and parts, etc etc. Once in a while some vent. Doesn't mean it's time to burn 'em all. I like mine and I have probably had most if not all the problems posted in these forums. I've vented too. Bottom line, the Rincon's still a really cool machine. Look at it this way. If you learn to deal with the problems, you'll just know your machine a whole lot better. Ok, enough Blah Blah......Ride safe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fair enough and understood. Time to ride is always an issue for me as well...looking forward to winter strangely enough, opens up the trails around me in Deerfield. Thanks again...

·
Registered
280 Posts
robbo, if your Rinny is giving you problems and the dealer will not or can not fix it, call Honda and raise some hell. Even if it is out of warranty, if you put the problem before the dealer while it was in warranty, and can prove it, Honda HAS to solve the problem, whether it be with your dealer or not. Dpending soley
on a dealer will frequently not get a problem resolved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts