Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 1 year,(almost to the day) and 78 hrs/427 mi of ride time, my bone stock 03 Rincon has finally sprung a coolant leak, specifically the weep hose. A creek of coolant flowing on the floor of the building, to be dramatic. I noticed it when starting my quads to let em run for a while( as riding this weekend was out due to my sons b-day party). My question is this, I'm conerned that this is going to be a recuring problem, as I've heard of. I do have the extended warranty, so I'm not terribly worried about what it'll cost, but I dont want to keep replacing H2O pumps on a 7k bike. How many of the Rinnys out ther have had recurrent water pump problems, or am I just being paranoid? Other than that, I havent had any problems. Thanks everyone!
P.S. Temp. lite has never came on.
Checked oil, no contamination noticed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
your just paranoid(don't worry i was too),after replacing mine with the new updated one i have had no problems.i now have 3800 miles on it..

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am concerened also. My coolant leak began almost a year later with 1200 miles, I noticed the drip on the garage floor the day before a 3 day ride trip I had planned. It got worse fast. By the third day, the coolant steadily flowed out the hose under pressure. Needless to say, I was real upset. My dealer replaced the water pump but I did not notice right away that they put the old weep hose back on. The Service manager apologized and ordered the one on the 2005 model. He was told by Honda that the old hose design allowed too much mud into the pump, which caused leaks. I am not so sure this new hose is going to solve the problem. I would like to hear from owners with new water pumps and the new hose if they have encountered any leaks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
had mine changed around 600 miles i think, i was out of warranty but honda took care of it.(also have one excellent dealership and service dept.).i have about 1150-1200 miles and nothing yet .i think they fixed the prob.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Festus you must not ride yours hard enough, I have had mine replaced 4 times. The last time I got the updated design and haven't had a problem yet. The dealership put a new one on and it leaked out the weep hose before they got it out of the garage.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I had my pump replaced at about 800 miles. Put the new one on with the new hose and haven't had any problems since...got about 3,000 miles on it now (it's an 03, we ride ALOT). So don't worry bout the pump once you've got the updated one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts