Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a pair of these for my Rincon in 26's,do you guys reccomend 26X10's all tha way around or can you all let me know what's best.Thanks In Advance;-) Gone

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I dont think they offer those in 26x10x12 do they? If they do, I will be interested in a set also.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have 26x9x12 in the front and 26x12x12 in the rear and they work really well

·
Registered
807 Posts
589's aren't available in 26x10, but Mudlites are if 10's are what you want.
I'm even considering 26x12x12 all the way around.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Is it true because of the tranny computer is set for 25"s; that moving to a larger tire size will cause lots of problems over all? My dealer is telling me so stay will the original size tires, any thoughts?

·
Registered
151 Posts
JG,
I have 26x12's in the back and 26x10's in front... I did lose a small amount of power, but gained some serious handling... I can still do low 60's on my GPS.... I would recomend to anyone to go up to 26's..... Im not sure about 26x12's on all the corners, unless you go mudding 90 percent of the time.... But 26's is the way to go....

B

·
Registered
613 Posts
What are your thought on 26x10x12 all around? I'm talking Mud lite of courses

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess it will be the mudlites 26X10's all tha way around OR 26X10's on tha frt and 26X12's on the rear what do you guys think???? Gone

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would go with the 589's and put 26x9 up front and 26x12 in the back you want be disappointed

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have 26" 589's on my Rincon and like them pretty well. The fronts are 9's and the rears are 12's. I wouldn't go with any wider tire upfront unless I rode nothing but mud. I don't do much mudding, but I do ride in a lot of snow and the 589's are great.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Currently running 26x10x12 frt and 26x12x12 rear and love the change it made in the bike ..........But, if I had to do it over again I wuld have gone with 26x10x12 at all 4 corners. The wide tires on the rear make it harder on tighter trails and sling a little more mud at ya. Since it is a sport utility quad, all 4 the same size make it look more to the sporty side than utility.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RINCON1 I think that's what I'm gonna do is go with tha 26 10 12's all the way around due to the smaller profile on the frt I think I'll be fine.Gone

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think you'll be happy with your decision......I wish I had done that in the first place.........When I wear 'em out this time around-----I will.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Question! does the 26x10x12 on the front splash more mud on the rider because it's wider then the fender?

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would love to see photos of someones bike with ITP mud lites 26"s
let me know, Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
jg03Rincon,
Your dealer is talking BS about the "tranny computer" being messed up by non-stock tire sizes. The only effect will be that the speedo will read slower than you are actually doing because it calculates the speed based on the speed of rotation of the output shaft from the gearbox based on having 25" tires. With 26" tires you travel 3.14" further with every rotation of the wheel than you would with 25" tires, therefore for the same rotation speed of the output shaft you will travel further (faster) on 26"ers. In practice, when the speedo reads 60mph you would actually be doing 62.4mph with 26" wheels fitted.
Also, the engine will produce no less power, but you will lose some acceleration as a 26" wheel requires 4% more effort to rotate it than a 25" wheel.
The long and the short of it is a slight drop in acceleration and a small increase in top speed - but the differences is very small. The biggest differences will be in ground clearance and handling !

·
Registered
800 Posts
i went with 26x10x12 mud lites on all 4 so it would fit in the back of my stepside pickup. looks sick

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DAYUM that KILLA looks AWESOME. I put the 26x10's all the way around on mine to on wednesday,and your right it does look SICK!!!!!!!!!! Gone

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
jg03rincon, I have had 27x10x12 Mudlites on ITP casts and they do throw a little more up onto the rider, but most of what they throw hits the back fender right behind your legs. It's not bad though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts