Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jut got a set of ITP>ATRS. At high speed on asphalt they seem to bounce around alot more than the original tires. more agrressive tread?? I was told by the dealer who installed them to run 8 lbs of pressure in them to prevent sidewall punctures. They told me they had quite a few who were running less and getting sidewall punctures. I can't believe the way they handle in the corners though> almost totally prevents diving/rolling that was common with the stockers.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have the ATR's on mine and don't run that high of pressure. I run 4 lbs in the front, 3.5 lbs in the rear. Haven't had any problems and we ride in some pretty rough stuff. It does track a little different at high speed, I think due to the tire being more square. You could try adjusting the toe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is confirmed as per Brett at ITP, ATR's should be run at 8lbs.He stated this to me personally. Steve

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Steve,
Thanks for the confirmation on poundage. Do you have ITP phone number? Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Brette told me a while ago to run the mudlites at 7 psi... They just don't perform as well at 7 as they do 4... I don't know why they want to run them so high?

·
Registered
29 Posts
www.itptires.com for #

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rode tough terrain for the 1st time on my new ATRS. All I can say is >>>WOW! I kept them at 8 lbs of pressure and they were flawless! In another post I stated that I went through a mud hole that a Foreman 450, Vinson 500(in low gear) and a Polaris 500 H.O.(in low gear with new mud lites) couldn't get through! It grabs the ridges with the wider stance and kept me out of the deep ruts. I'm Happy!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts