Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have the J&T electric backlit temp gauge on their Rincon? The install was straight forward with no problems. Actually, he has the sending unit made idiot proof unlike the Highlifter version. My question is that after I ran the machine for a bit, I noticed the gauge face was distorted a little bit. I contacted Todd and he sent me a new one. He said that if the voltage when running is over 14 volts, the gauge could do that. I checked my voltage and it said right around 14 volts. The service manual says it should read 13-13.2 volts not running, up to 15.5 volts with the engine running. Just wondered if anybody else had a similar problem.

Update:
J&T has excellent customer service. Sent the original back and Todd had a new one out to me, total time 1 week. The new gauge appears to be working fine. Must of got a bad one.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i have had one since day and have not noticed that??3200 miles so far and it has saved me from cooking the ole rincon a few times..

todd is great to deal with..

·
Registered
807 Posts
The problem with using only one gauge or the Rincon's temp light is you don't know for sure what is causing the overheat. The cooling system can of course cause the engine to overheat, but so can the engine cause the coolant to overheat. My engine has the temp light come on constantly and been back to the dealer 6 times and not fixed yet. Now my other Rincon is doing the exact same thing and the dealer and Honda both don't have a clue. they just keep throwing parts at it and it fixes nothing. I think these engines have a serious design problem causing overheating. I'm giving them one more chance and then I filing a lawsuit which I have told them might ballon into a class action & recalls based on same problems I have heard on various internet forums. I'll keep you posted. BTW, both of mine are 04's with about 500 miles.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i have only had overheating problems,when #1 my radiator was packed with mud or #2 when my water pump leaked..when all is well it runs right around 180-200 all day long..

the biggest thing i did to help keep my radiator clean is i added some extensions from a rubber mudflap to the sides and bottom area of the radiator,now the mud doest get thrown up on the back side of the radiator,ran 100 miles yesterday and radiator is dusty but no mud..it has taken me 3200 miles to perfect it but by gosh i think i have done it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts