Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't find an answer when I searched.

Looks like there's both a Dynojet and a K&N jet kit. Any advantage of one over the other ?

Also K&N offers a package deal with the jetkit, filter, prefilter and recharger kit at Highlifter for $118. Other than it's Highlifter is the product OK ?

I have 2" stainless steel tip coming from eBay. Do I need a spark arrester ?

Thanks in advance !!

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Here's the link to the spark arrestor I got from Dennis Kirk.
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp;jsessionid=PDVZUIODJ3BFBLA0WTKSM4VMDK0NKIV0?catId=109&leafCatId=10903&skuId=448710

Fits perfectly.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have a 2"tip but i don;t have a spark arrestor, DO you really need one? I know that some state parks will not allow you to ride without one but does it really make a difference to the machine?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dynojet and K&N are the same thing. K&N just puts it in a kit with their name on it. I got the K&N kit, and it came with a K&N filter, recharger kit, Outerwears Pre-filter and a dynojet jet kit.

·
Registered
807 Posts
jg03rincon.....you answered your own question. "Only you (and your spark arrester) can prevent forest fires".

·
Registered
613 Posts
Now that was FUNNY!!!
I thought maybe there was more that i was missing....I don't ride much, just around my house (local trails) and on some private property in PA, but I I never once had my machine back fire, so I never thought it was worth getting the filter. I kept my original tip so if I ever run into problem I can always swap it out real quick. Is all state parks that way or just a few? Do they check your machine first?

·
Registered
95 Posts
In California, riding without a spark arrester is a capital crime punishable by death.
Yes, Every State (CA)OHV park checks before you can enter and in National Forest land, the Forest Service Rangers stop and check nearly all riders for registration, spark arrester and noise levels (they carry a handheld device to measure the decibles). If a wildfire can be contributed to your lack of a spark arrester, you can be held criminally and financially (BIG DOLLARS) liable for all costs for suppressing the fire. A few riders have been.

Now you see why I ride mostly in Nevada.

Lizard

·
Registered
613 Posts
Oh I see…
I heard Dennis kirk is the place to go...Is there a part number or are they universal size. I have the longer one of the two 2" tips that is on ebay, not sure if that makes a difference.
Once you install the spark arrester; does it change anything, Power, sound????
How does it attach to the tip?

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
Part # 448710 cost $13.99. It is shaped like a cone. When you install it you put it in cone side first so the lenght of the tip doesn't matter.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I started the thread. Thanks for the info.

The spark arrester is on it's way to my house. This may seem very funny to some of you but I didn't translate that into forest fires. I had no idea what its intended purpose was.

I called Highlifter and they said the K&N package deal includes a Dynojet jetkit so I ordered the package including the jetkit, filter, prefilter and recharger kit for $118. Hope the Highlifter guy gave me the correct info.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Skip1, ...boats use the same idea on inboards on the intake used to prevent any backfires from causing explosions in the bilge by igniting fumes in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I ordered the arrester that mjpjr45 listed above for my 2"tip. I'm guessing it's universal screen. Correct???

The question i have; Will this now change the sound and, or change the lowend power?

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I wouldn't think it would change anything. I have the same one installed with my 2 inch tip and love the sound and bottom end power.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hey Guys I ordered a univeral spark arrester for my ebay 2"tip from Dennis Kirk but they are back ordered and don;t have any idea when they will ship.. Is there another place?? Also part number if available... Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts