Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had it and a uni filter installed and the initial throttle response was a great improvement.It will pull the front wheels up without pulling back on it now.It will still go 64 mph but it seems to be a little sluggish getting there now,I raced a buddy on a stock Rubicon and lost!!!I have a winch,2 mud light tires (on the rear) and a box carrying approx 10 pounds of stuff.I only weigh 170 I don't think I should be losing too a stock Rubicon.Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Do you have any exhaust work done? If not I'll bet it is fat on the main jet. It seems like the dealers around here have trouble jetting the rincons correctly. I know at least two owners that have had jet kits installed and both had to be returned for additional tunning.
fomo- I know the rule is to keep going richer until it misses on top, but I have seen quads run rich enough to put fuel in the oil and never miss a lick. I am somewhat sceptical of that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree with Fomo. Check your plug. Your Jeting is not right!! there's no way a stock Rubicon should out run a rinny.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mike,

I just figured out how we can test if my bike's speedo is wrong!! lets run our two bikes side by side and both hammer it (you should win with the pipe) but yours reads 62 top correct? Mine only reads 58 so we will see if the speedos are at the same speed when we are side by side!

Whatcha thing?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still have the stock exhaust,I'm sure they put in the DJ 144 per the instructions for elavation.From reading the posts I'm still a bit confused. Should I put a largwer jet in or a smaller,It's not back fired at all if that tells you guys anything,Thanks again for the advice I'm a moron when it comes to working on these things Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts