Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, you all know that I have complained of lack of power and not being able to wheelie like everyone else does since I have had my rincon. Well, I went to 03Rincon's place and we installed the Jet kit, K&N filter, and outerwears filter. After this I attempted to wheelie the bike and to my discust could not get the front end up!! 03rincon then got on the bike and nailed it, the front end came up very well. After me feeling like a COMPLETE idiot and asking what he did to make the thing do that, he simply said sit all the way back on the seat and hit it. So, if anyone is having problems with getting the rincon to wheelie, try sitting as far back as you can on the seat. I have not tried to wheelie it after this because it started raining and then my wife rode with me all weekend.

My point is, aint nothing wrong with my honda its the dumb rider not knowing how to get the front up in the air!

P.S. 03rincon also said that my speedo might be off because he only hit 58 on mine as well....so that is DEFINITLY a bike problem and not my lack of skills there! So my next feet (after it warms up) will be to carry my GPS and monitor speed with it...it seems to be more accurate...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jason

Having your wife on the back should make it wheelie easier!!!!!also it might help keep her in line if you scare the crap out of her every once in a while.

Mike

·
Registered
322 Posts
I don't have to perform any tricks to help the front end up. Simply sit down and nail the throttle. Some Rincons just run differently it seems like.

Jason how many turns out on the idle mixture screw are you?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not quite 3...we set it at like 2.75 turns out

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can do a wheelie sitting down but it's much easier (and safer) to place both feet on the rear rack when you wheelie, that way all of the weight is at the very back of the four-wheeler. The Rincon won't tip over backwards because of the rear rack, and I fall off a lot of times and watch the Rincon keep going on its own for a while, it's tons of fun :)

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts
Adjust your A/F like so...

Points worth noting:

With the stock pipe, its hard to hear subtle changes in idle.
the engine needs to realy be warmed up, ride it for 10 to 15 minutes first.
the steps below are all done with the engine running and hot, so dont burn your hand

Start with the A/F screw at about 2.5 turns out.

1.) Adjust the throttle stop to the lowest idle where the engine still runs smoothly
2.) turn the A/F screw OUT (Richen) until you hear the engine idle increase (about 100 RPM)
3.) from this point, counting the turns, turn the A/F screw IN (LEAN) until you hear the engine
rpm decrease and increase again.(its going to go down from where it is, back to where it was, and
then back up again)
4.) take the number of turns that it took for the idle to increase again and divide that by 2
this is the number of turns to unscrew the A/F
5.) readjust your throttle stop to where the engine is idleing at a normal RPM
For example

I start with the engine idling, I unscrew the A/F till I hear the increase rpm, I turn the A/F inwards
1.5 turns until I hear the engine rpm increase again. 1.5 divided by 2 equals .75 so I turn the A/F outwards
3 quarters of a turn.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
How do you even do a wheelie I have never even tryed I have jet kit ,k&n filter and pipe could you give me a run down is to how i should try one pm me or email [email protected]

·
Premium Member
6,766 Posts
how to do a wheely... well that little lever under your right thumb... yeah, that one... with the engine running and warmed up put that pushy thing over on the left under the handle bars into "D" then from a dead stop...push the lever thing under your left thumb as far as it will go as fast as you can...

in this photo, I was already moving about 10 miles per hour.. but I think you get the idea...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts