Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forum and new rincon owner.
04 trx650. Ive read multiple posts on this site about what jets to get and everybody seems to have a different answer. Im in north florida and ride all over fla, so elevation is pretty low, rincon is stock for the most part, just added 3in lift, rad relocated, SYA snorkel, uni filter. I do plan on adding a complete exhaust later down the road.
in the process of rebuilding the carb, Should i run a 52 pilot and a 155 main? stock needle?
thanks in advanced

·
Registered
238 Posts
Jetting carbs is time consuming. I'm almost 70 years old and used to race 1/4 mile back in the day when carbs were all we had. I currently have an 03 Rincon bought used. Came with an after market exhaust. To loud for me. To take the exhaust back to stock was $600.00. Here is the link about my installing a car muffler. Automotive Muffler Adapted To my 03 Rincon

I ride from 9200 to 10000 feet.
My carb is stock except for a148 main jet. Runs good with my adopted muffler.
Do you know about color tuning?
If it was me I would put on your exhaust and add this to your air box first. Total Performance Intake - Thunder Products Carburetion Performance % %
You have to decide how many to add. Play with adjusting them. At your altitude adding more air this way may work and is easy.
Or just drill holes(1inch) in your air box lid. A new lid is cheap if you want to replace it.
Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts