Honda Rincon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going down that slippery slope and going to play with jetting. I have a Dynojet installed but it is set for 6k+ feet (dj136 1st clip). I rarely ride that high so I am going to jet up (dj140 2nd clip riding 3k to 4k feet)...BUT WHAT A PAIN TO GET TO!! Is there a way without stripping it down to get to the float bowl? I am going to try leaving the carb in place and just remove the airbox, I don't even want to twist it if I don't have to. How about up on a stand with the skid plate removed?? With long arms, it looks like you could reach straight up to the bowl. What method do you guys use...before I try to re-invent the wheel...

Paul...

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don't know if you can get to it from the bottom or not. I went by the instructions that I believe it was Yellow650Rincon had posted. If you follow those instructions you will be able to turn the carb enough to change the main jet and set the F/A mixture screw. I can get to the F/A screw at any time with a short screwdriver and shoveing your hands in just right. The needle and the spring through the top of the carb is the easiest part. Go for it! I didn't want to try it either but I've since done it three or four times. Not that hard. "Don't strip the the little phillips screw heads."

·
Registered
59 Posts
TAke off the left side plastic.
Remove the right side panel.
Remove snorkel.
Turn off gas.
Drain float bowl (retighten when done!)
Unclamp idle knob from plastic clip on right side (important, or it will break when you twist the carb up!)
Loosen carb clamps on both sides.
Twist bottom of carb up from the left side.
Remove bowl screws (be careful not to strip them).
Holding bowl on carb, rotate carb back to normal.
Lower bowl.
Rotate carb back up.
Replace jets.
Reverse procedure to put back together.

May seem like a lot, but I can rejet in 15 minutes tops now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I got it done last night...Not brain surgery by any stretch, just a pain in the ass. What a friggn' differance. This thing will now pull a wheelie. Never in a million years would it have done that before. Low end and mid-range is where it is all at, with really no differance on top end. It is about done between 57 and 60. I went with a 140 on the second clip. I am at 2500' but ride mostly around 4k-6k. I could probably go up one more size but it runs so good now I am going to leave it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if anybody could tell me how to jet [WELL PUT SOME IN ]that would be greatly appre.... i seen where they said yellow rincon had put it down ..where do i find this i'm a new member & not sure where to look thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try looking in the members at top of page.
I just jetted my rincon and yellows directions worked great.
Was right on the first time

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Here is the link to Yellow650Rincon's instructions. i used them when I did my dyno jet kit.

http://www.yellow650rincon.vzz.net/tech.html

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can do it without twisting the carb. All you have to do is take off the tube going to the airbox, take off the side plastic's and you can get to it all with a stubby screwdriver. Easy as pie to get to, I can change the main in about 15 minutes now, as I am still fine tuneing. I'ts not as hard as everyone makes it sound, just getting the right settings is whats the pain.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I finally got mine completly finished today! 150 main on 3rd notch just like mudchucker. I had it one the 2nd and noticed it would stall much more often than before, once I dropped down to third its gone away completely. I've tried to stall it and it wont. Got the silent core in and it sounds farking awesome, made me laugh like a little girl! lol mudchucker, but Im dead serious. This rinny is pi$$ed off! Burnouts and powerslides on pavement! It was only 14 degrees outside but theres no way it would do that before. And all this with my mudlight 26" x 12's on back. I highly recommend the HMF Utlity pipe with Dynojet and Uni filter. Great Combo, and special thanks to mudchucker for showing me the light. BTW, I got almost 700 HARD miles, and the tech told me my valves didnt need adjusting, it was the first one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts