Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, as my son, my buddy, and I were coming over the top of a very steep and rocky trail, there sat a couple of guys on motocross bikes. As my friend rode by, one of them commented on the F-ing 4 wheelers ruining everything. I did not hear the comment because I was taking up the rear so that I could keep an eye on my son. I am sure that there are no brainless people here on this forum, but I would still like to get you all thinking about a few things. #1) The people who are against motorcycles are also against anything with an engine being in the woods. The guy with a 4 wheeler is not the enemy of the guy with a two wheeler. Figure out who your enemies are and get after them instead. The granola munching earth first/peta/siera club gang hates us all with equal aplomb, and if we attack each other they will win and get more and more areas closed. #2) You may notice that the guys riding cr/yz/kx/rm motorcycles have one thing in common. For the most part they are very young. It is a young man's sport. If 4 wheelers get older people, people who vote and pay way more taxes than little ricky racer, to get off the couch and into the woods, then 4 wheelers are a good thing for all of us. My riding partner happens to have his left leg taken off just above the knee. Without quads, he is not up on the mountain. Those two guys on the racing bikes are very lucky indeed that I did not hear their comments. Sorry about the long post, join a local organization that fights against the envirowhacko pack and lets keep our right to ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes, there are some two-wheelers who trash quads, and they are generally younger. But there are also four-wheelers who look down on the dirtbikes too. I know, I ride both. The four wheelers think that the two-wheelers are just a bunch of yahoos that go too fast. This is generally not the case. A 2-wheeler not rides better with a little more speed, but the speed (momentum) is a requirement to get up the hills...they have one-wheel drive compared to our 4WD. The predjudices exist on both sides.

The organized clubs probably do a good service politically as you mention. I've never found them quite as much fun as going out with my friends.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I ride both also. In the Colorado mountains there are some single track only trails. The narrow tires and power of the big bikes makes some ruts and berms that beat what most quads do to a trail.

We need a united front of all offroad riders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts