Honda Rincon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is WOW !Definatley a noticeable difference.Much quicker response on the throttle and it sounds better to.I already have a jet kit and K & N installed.I went for about a 40 minute ride,it ran great no backfiring or heating issues.

I just put the Dennis Kirk Spark Arrest. in cone first then the tip over that.I didnt see anyway to use the metal gasket that came out with the factory tip.If i missed something let me know.

If you dont want to spend the money on a pipe this is definatley a worthwhile alternative.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
I did the same thing a while back. You are right it is a great mod. Sounds good and runs great.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You dont realise how restricted the exhaust is until you pull out the little factory tip and look at it.

What was Honda thinking??

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Come on guys..is an exhaust tip really that BIG of a difference? What's the restriction?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I rode mine for about 10 minutes so, popped some wheelies etc, to see if I could tell a difference when I put it on.

And I could definatley tell a difference with the bigger tip.Not that mine was boggy to begin with.But the throttle response and low end power was noticeable.

·
Registered
130 Posts
where did you get the tip from? I see an aluminumin one on ebay for $41=shipping

·
Registered
800 Posts
it is well worth the money,and a very easy mod to do.its like giving you rinny some exlax to get rid of that (restriction) lol just let it flow lol

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Gee silveradoman , that's one way of saying it ! LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
pablo there should be a stainless tip for 29. it turns out just like the stocker.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pablo- Here is a link to the one I got.I used the buy it now feature for 29.99

They shipped the next day USPS priority with Confirmation.Well worth the money!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4509513818&category=43978

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
oldtown169, the original tip is only about 1 in. diameter. If you remove it it you will see that the tip actually goes into the muffler about 3-4 inches. The 2 inch tip is just a big 2 inch opening. This removes the restriction caused by the tip going into the muffler and just lets the exhaust exit the muffler real easy. Even with the spark arrestor it is alot better flow than stock.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Thanks for the info mjpjr45 ! Have you noticed a gain with just the 2" tip???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Where did you pick up the Dennis Kirk spark arrestor? I did a search and found the Dennis Kirk web site and phone number. I called them and they did not know which spark arrestor you are using. Do you have a part number/brand? Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Premium Member
3,800 Posts
The part number from Dennins Kirk is #448710. oldtown169, I did notice a gain with just the tip, especially on the bottom end. Also the sound is much better, alot deeper. It doesn't sound like a little toy anymore.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rinny03, Thank for the "tip"...UH...advise...LOL Actually I just logged on to his other auctions and "Bought It Now"... What the heck, I'll give it a try. I really hope it is not too loud for my taste.

Thanks again...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pablo its not very loud at all,just a lower deeper sound.It sounds much better than stock.

#448710 was the right part # for the Dennis Kirk spark arrestor also.They had a couple left last time I checked.Let me know what you think of the set up when you get it installed.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
On E-Bay there are 2 kinds...

1. An Aluminum 2" tip which includes a stainless steel spark screen, 3 stainless steel capscrews and an allen wrench to install new screws for a price of $41.50

or

2. A Stainless 2" tip which does not include anything for a price of $29.99

Personally I like the aluminum one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have one on mine and i love it !! not running a spark arrester though!!
just lets the motor breath easier, less back pressure!!

try this put a straw in your mouth and blow , then try it with a 1" piece of hose!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
On a scale of 1-10 how much louder is the bike after intalling the 2" tip? Also what exactly is a spark arrester?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
the spark arrester is a small wire mesh screen that is supposed to stop pieces of burning material from blowing out, packing, bits of red hot metal etc...

I would say that the tip change doesnt make it much louder, just a different tone, I put one on a friends machine today... I just cant get over the difference it makes in the sound... but this does come from someone who thinks the HMF utility with the quiet core isnt very loud either...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts